Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice that at around 1250 RPM near 40 MPH holding speed and RPM with throttle there is a vibration in the engine that can be seen in the rear view mirror? Something about this combination that causes are slight vibration feeling in the steering wheel and rear view mirror.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess it doesn't surprise me that it is normal.... I was hoping for a greater turn out that said they had it too. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I sometimes get one starting from a dead stop. I thought it was the CVT. If you think it is the engine, you should be able to run it up sitting still and see if there is a vibration.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Smokedog said:
I sometimes get one starting from a dead stop. I thought it was the CVT. If you think it is the engine, you should be able to run it up sitting still and see if there is a vibration.
I think is the CVT problem, I will take the MO to dealer when my 12500miles services. anybody has this problem too? :confused:

·
Registered
418 Posts
I think a slight vibration at [email protected] is "normal"....the operating characteristics of the CVT(torque converter locked at such low speed) causes the engine to "lug" a little....the 3.5 is a relatively small motor for a 4,000 lb vehicle...

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I have experienced the low rpm lock-up vibration on several different vehicles. They ranged from a suburban, to an intrepid, to a venture van. I assumed it was the lugging scenario as well. I noticed on my test drive that when I really got into it on a ramp getting on the freeway, it felt as if it leaned over towards 70 mph. I didn't want to abuse it too bad because I was wanting the vehicle I was testing, so more than likely I didn't peddle it enough.
:confused:
As it is past it's warranty break-in schedule I have found that it is very nimble in traffic and has no qualms about going from 70 to 90 in a very short time. Where my other vehicles would have tached up quite audibly (and sometimes scarily) when they found the passing gear, ole MO just grins and glides up to speed, a much more civilized application of power. Truthfully I am unaware if I have felt this vibration---the chevy venture did it every day on my launch off the ramp to go home so I am used to it. I think all of us have to get used to the CVT--it is so radically different to what we have become accustomed to.

On a side note: I had a hemi ram truck that was riding my butt as I was going 85 on the freeway blast off as I pulled over one lane. Ohhhhh, it was loud, boy did those revs hit the sky. I remember doing that in my camaro many years ago. I also remember having the engine spin rod bearings after about 2 years of doing that. That ram really zoomed up—about 200 feet, I waved as I passed him on the right with ole MO tachin just above 2 grand.

:cool:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I know exactly the vibration you are talking about but mine is not as severe to be seen in the mirror. I was also wondering if this was normal and will take the dealer demo out to see if it does the same. It does make sense to call it "lugging" since it is a very low rpm for this speed. I would call mine more of a hum or very light vibration.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I keep forgetting to try it in neutral to see what happens. I agree that it is probably lugging. Snowride, let me know how the demo goes. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts