Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the entertainment system as an add-on (my SL AWD didn't have it already installed). It's not available for a few months yet.

Does anyone have a Murano with the entertainment system that can give me some feedback? How is it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a Murano and wanted the Entertainment system, but was told by the dealer it won't be available until August 2003. I called Nissan and they said it is being shipped from the factory now, but it is NOT a dealer installable option, meaning that it MUST come from the factory. I'm not sure how your dealer intends to provide you with the Nissan Entertainment System if that's true. You may want to call Nissan and find out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Any update on this - has anyone installed the nissan system after they purchased the car? Any feedback from those with the factory system - how is it? Where does the DVD player go when you have a nav system?

·
Registered
3 Posts
04 DVD questions

I was told that Nissan intended to have the dvd system in the 03 installed as a dealer option but it ended up being too involved so now all dvd systems for 04 will be factory installs. has anyone gotten one yet in an 04 or seen one? There was suposidly one at a local dlr in MD but the car was sold and delivered before I got a chance to get there.

Im curious to know how it limits or if it eliminates storage space in the center console and can you hook up a Game system like PS2 or Gamecube etc to it. If not thats a huge negative for my purposes.

The Pilot does have the DVD system and you can hook pretty much anything to it. Its up in the ceiling out of the way with the conttrols on the rear of the center console. Very nice. BUT the pilot doesnt have all the cool mechanicals the murano does nor does it have any style.

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have seen one factory installed in an 04 - it takes up a bunch of space in the armrest and requires a new armrest cover that does not quite match the texture of the leather in the rest of the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Did you happen to notice if it had external hookups for game systems to be connected to them?

Between the pilot and the murano, it seems the dvd systems are going to be make or break in my decision. The Pilots dvd is well designed, screen and controls in the roof, player behind center console with external hookups for game systems and whatever else.

and it has better cupholders

Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts