Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Man that sucks, sorry man.
But if it was the other's vehicle's fault you should talk call her insurance and tell them to give you a rental. They should cover that it was her fault. If I were you I wouldn't take no for an anwer I would keep insisting until I got one. Also, don't go through your insurance go through hers. Her fault she should pay. If you go through your's your insurance will go up.

·
Registered
717 Posts
You need several estimates that show the actual estimated costs will be greater than the insurance companies estimates.

How many estimates did you get for the repairs? Were they all $2,400? It's been my experience that you can quite frequently do better than the insurance companies "first offer".

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't know if this will help, but I recently, about 2 weeks ago, had to get some repairs to my MO. A bicycle rack fell off the wall in my garage and landed the bicycle on the hood, causing a few deep scratches, a couple of small dings, quarter size. There were a couple of scratches on the bumper, too. The estimate to repaint the bumper and hood, repair the dings, and replace the grill, don't know why, didn't see any damage there, was $1100 and some change. We are only talking some paint and time and a grill. (I have the old grill, they gave it back to me.)
So, I guess what I am saying is, you are right, $2400 doesn't really seem enough to cover all that labor, paint and parts replaced.
I agree with the others, get several estimates.
Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You absolutely want to file this through the OTHER PARTY's insurance. That way, your insurance won't be affected in any way (if it's definitely their fault, it'll eventually be taken off your record, but in the meantime...). It's a bit more of a hassle (you'll have to stay on top of their insurance), but it's worth it. I did this with a previous accident and, through a bit of pressure, got the other party's insurance to pay for a rental.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Cryogenix...what is this insurance company of yours?

It does not sound like a common practice that your insurance company pay for the fix first and the inflicting party's insurance will reimburse later....

Whomever caused the accident (who is at fault) will be the one who must innitiate the insurance claim. Unless he(she) does not have sufficient coverage to cover the damage, then it is up to you whether you want to sue that individual or have your own insurance company cover it (underinsured motorist coverage)

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Cryogenix... sounds fishy to me too...

MY initial concern came when my carrier phoned and said "we're waiving your deductible, so you can proceed with repairs. Huh??? Why should anything of mine have to be waived if I'm not at fault? To which they responded with the whole "we pay you, then get reimbursed from the other party" deal. Sounds strange....
It seems that your insurance company is trying to file a "claim-point" in ur record. On the next renewal, they have the reason to increase the policy premium (which is not good).

Yeah, you should not receive this offer and tell your insurance company that this so called reimbursable repair deal is unnacceptable. The other person is at fault, hence his insurance is paying. Period ;)
Good luck man ~

·
Registered
155 Posts
Fight it, hard, if you know you are not liable in any way.. There is no reason for your insurance to 'waive' a deductible amount, if they agree that the accident is 100% the other persons fault. There is no deductible at issue if it's the other persons fault. If they don't believe that, and are accepting any portion of the lability, then you need to know now since such admission will increase your premiums. They have a duty to represent you in these circumstances, perhaps you should be very sure they actually are doing that.

Insurance companies are unprincipled scum where I live, document everything always. The quote sounds light to me, parts like a new wheel, fender and tire must be substantial costs on their own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts