Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I could get some Euro/Altezza tail lights for the Murano? I know the new models have LED lights, but I like the Euro design (like the Nissan Altima)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thankfully, NO! I don't know how anyone finds those things good looking. Please don't ruin a Murano by doing that. Leave this to the Toyota's, Honda's, and Mazda's.

Dave

·
4,601 Posts
They were a fashion for about two years. They looked good for about that long, as it was so different and many of them did look good, but I think it wore thin pretty fast. Part of it is there's so many badly done versions, it's spoiled the look. Now I think it just looks cheap.

I do like the LED murano OEM lights, but I'm still partial to style of the older ones. (Unlike the instrument cluster. I love the new one after actually seeing it.)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Although I dont like the actual Altezza lights, I think there are a few really cool designs out there. For instance , theres the dark carbon fiber style lights, or the smoke color euros look cool too. I wouldnt mind finding some of these for the MO. But as far as the regular Euro Altezzas, HATE EM. Theres a guy with a Suburban near my house with them, they look like chrome color painted plastic, terrible!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
johnhouser-

Altezza lights? Personally, I believe they are unsafe. If I am driving on a dark, foggy night and my car dies and I am stuck on the side of an unlit road with no power (alternator problem :3: ), I want to know that any driver approaching me from the rear can see my car from as long a distance away as possible. The only way he can do that is by seeing the reflection of his lights off my RED tailamps. Most Altezza lamp kits have much less reflective surfaces than OEM lamp assemblies. It's a matter of safety. Unfortunately, many people trade off safety for looks.

Now having said that... check out http://www.customautotrim.com/tail-lights/

They carry a line of Altezza lights for most Nissans, The MO is not listed, but I would contact them and see if they have one in the works.

-njjoe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny how we all love the looks of the MO, but have different opinions on the tail lights :D

Anyway, I contacted these guys and will see what they say. The last company I contacted did not have any (maybe there is a conspiracy and all the companies are run by the posters above??)

I agree there are some very ugly altezza lights out there, but I think the right design would give the MOs back an even hotter look. Don't get me wrong, I love the MO and look (heck I bought a Copper one), but I'm just not impressed with the tail lights that come with the 2004. That is why I was looking for something a little more sporty.

Next would be getting the darn fog lights to be the same color as the headlights. I just found some posts to help me out there.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
John-

Concerning the fog lights... Check the posts by GripperDon. He (as well as others) did quite a lot of work on matching the front lights. There must be at least a dozen threads and well over 100 posts on this topic.

If you ever find those tail lamps, post some photos once you get them installed.

Good luck.

-njjoe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts