Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing around and came across these. Im absolutely loving the larger front lip they get over there! Also notice the little vents near the grill where the DRL are sometimes located. I think this is for extra cooling on the diesel models. Enjoy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow they get the advantage in over their with models that we would never see in the states, and probably cheaper. Good find 350.

·
Super Moderator
8,344 Posts
It's interesting to see how different Japanese styling "idiom" is to my eye. I keep seeing a difference in the styling details - this looks fine, but it seems to me to follow the visual idiom of "more slots, buttons, switches and scoops" that I perceive in Japanese design.

The grilles on the Murano are a great example of this. To me, every grille on every model looks like it belongs in an amine' cartoon. The general body lines are nice and were very different from anything on the market - but that grille has always looked fussy to me. I haven't popped for a replacement, but it's my least favorite item on the vehicle...on all years.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't mind the grille. But I can see where your coming from. It takes over the whole front of the car and there is no easy way to replace it without looking ricey.. But I think one of the main reasons it looks so crazy is the fact that its chrome. It might look a lot better by simply color matching it to the body. I plan to do this sometime down the track.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Nice high res pics! Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I'm pretty sure these are pics of the diesel model. One which will probably never make it to the U.S...in-fact Car & Driver this month reviews several diesel suv's, except in the Cayenne/Toureg price range.
I agree with the grill issue. If I had the time, I would modify the original grill by deleting the center bar...that is, in my opinion, what separates the hood design "language" from the lower part of the front bumper (cover.) Also, the vertical pieces in the lower grill represent the only 90 degree angles on the entire exterior. I think a 20-35 degree slant on the upper and lower grills would be perfect.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
It just shows me that Nissan is overdue for a redesign of the Murano. Either that, or elimination of the MO since the Pathfinder seems to have been developed as a slightly larger version.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes these are the diesel model. We won't get them in Australia either. We only get one choice of engine. That said its the best one IMO. Can't go wrong with a vq35. We also only get awd here. No 2wd available.

I might have a play with the grille on photoshop and see what I can come up with.

Halwg I hope your wrong about that.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I've seen quite a few new pathfinders on the road and I see nothing special about it. The MO has that special look to it but I am a little biased:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes these are the diesel model. We won't get them in Australia either. We only get one choice of engine. That said its the best one IMO. Can't go wrong with a vq35. We also only get awd here. No 2wd available.

I might have a play with the grille on photoshop and see what I can come up with.

Halwg I hope your wrong about that.
That bumper is the same as you get in Aus and NZ isnt it ?

The bumper was designed for additional cooling to go with the diesel option.

in Europe there is both the 3.5 and diesel options

In the UK, there is now ..........nothing

Murano got dropped ....full stop...in 2011

too much comp from the Euro car markers

They made the mistake of not targeting it at a more luxury level, therefore buyers dismissed it in favour of Euro 4x4 from BMW, Benz, Audi etc

They got it right with the Z51 but it was a little too late plus the Infiniti brand was trying to launch in the UK so it was hard decision time

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That bumper is the same as you get in Aus and NZ isnt it ?

The bumper was designed for additional cooling to go with the diesel option.

in Europe there is both the 3.5 and diesel options

In the UK, there is now ..........nothing

Murano got dropped ....full stop...in 2011

too much comp from the Euro car markers

They made the mistake of not targeting it at a more luxury level, therefore buyers dismissed it in favour of Euro 4x4 from BMW, Benz, Audi etc

They got it right with the Z51 but it was a little too late plus the Infiniti brand was trying to launch in the UK so it was hard decision time
The bumper is the same but we dont get the little vents under the grille or the larger lip under the bumper.

Cant believe UK dropped it! Their loss.

Maybe Australia will drop it soon too because Infiniti just opened its doors here recently.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Differences...

Other than the wheels and the lower front grill, I didn't see much difference from my 2012 SL--BUT--did anyone notice the rear bumper fog light at the bottom center of the bumper shroud? That assembly might make an interesting swap-out if it fits US models.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts