Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever notice how a lot of European cars have turn-signal indicators on the sides of the vehicle, near the front quarter panel/fender? Usually beneath the mirror. The Murano could've used a set of these, because the front turn signal is ALL the way at the front of the vehicle. The only downside is that a turn signal on the side of the car, however small, may interrupt its overall design 'flow'.

Which brings me to my next point: Has anyone thought about how Nissan could improve (or should have designed) the side mirrors?

Maybe a turn signal on the side of the mirror.. very slim and stylish.. would be cool.

Also, my old Explorer had 'puddle lamps' under the mirrors that would light up the ground beneath the driver/passenger doors when the keyfob was used to unlock. This was GREAT. The Murano has no such exterior illumination. Did Nissan think this was tacky? Do any other Nissan vehicles offer it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Enforcer said:
On one of the (many) Z prototypes, they had this and I really liked it. Too bad the production doesn't have it:
Yeah, those blue turn siggies would cause the drivers in front of you to pull over and dig out their licenses and registration ... :2:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Only those people who felt guilty.

Oh, it's you again.

Homer

Welcome Mike.
Wish more guys would come over here.
The format is better and the ability to drop pix right in the middle of a post is great.
Here's an example.

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those blue turn signals are.. strange..

The forward-facing turn signals on mirrors have always confused me, since they face front. Don't the signals near the headlights already accomplish this?

What I was thinking was something on the outside of the mirror assembly. Not embedded on the mirror itself.. those are a little annoying in my opinion. Good on an Expedition perhaps, but the MO should be a bit more classy ;)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Well, at least the Armada has puddle lamps! Oooh. Ahhh.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Doombringer said:

Well, at least the Armada has puddle lamps! Oooh. Ahhh.

Oooh ahhh...puddle lamps! I guess if you have to literally have to leap from the seat of a high up vehicle, it doesn't hurt to look before you land in a splash of mud. hehe....

One thing I love about the Murano is that its not too high up, yet you sit kind of high up. Getting in is so easy. But then I'm also 6'2, so maybe it feels higher up for others. But I think other car reviews mentioned that the driver's seat is at "butt level" for easy entry.

·
Registered
70 Posts
thoses arent too safe

KSmurano said:
I've been watching this site for a MO mirror signal option?

http://www.kwmuth.com/
those aftermarket lights you are wanting arent soo safe. Think about it, you use your mirrors to switch lanes, besides doing a half a$$'d headcheck, but when it is dark out and you have some red arrow flashing in your eyes, when trying to check the mirrors, it is going to work to well, your eyes can adjkust that fast from darkenss, to some red flashing bulb going on and off, as well as trying to see in the dark part of the mirror if there is a car there. I think blinkers in the mirrors is an awesome idea as well, but if oyu notice the new cars have them hidden from the drivers view, they are visible to traffic but not to u, which makes them still useful and safer for you.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Re: thoses arent too safe

floaty98 said:

those aftermarket lights you are wanting arent soo safe. Think about it, you use your mirrors to switch lanes, besides doing a half a$$'d headcheck, but when it is dark out and you have some red arrow flashing in your eyes, when trying to check the mirrors, it is going to work to well, your eyes can adjkust that fast from darkenss, to some red flashing bulb going on and off, as well as trying to see in the dark part of the mirror if there is a car there. I think blinkers in the mirrors is an awesome idea as well, but if oyu notice the new cars have them hidden from the drivers view, they are visible to traffic but not to u, which makes them still useful and safer for you.
That is a great point you make. I never considered that the bright flashing LED light in the side mirror would make it harder to see at night, but that sounds very true. There are aftermarket LED kits which use a jerry-rig wire setup into your existing mirror and turn signal harness, I would recommend against those!

·
Registered
70 Posts
ford f-150 side mirrors

I personally like how the 2003 Ford F-150s have theirblinking side mirrors. I couldnt find a picture of them but basically, they have a lil red light on the sides but it is angled in such a way that the driver cant see them at all, however the other people on the road can see it just fight, thus eliminating the blinding effect from the bulb flashing in your eyes.
I think we will see these on the MO's for the late 04 or 05 edition. I think this car has some bad blind spots, and having these lights will give the driver a better feeling of safety and insurance, no feeling safe doesnt mean crap but oh well. ..... =)

·
4,664 Posts
The Armada needs the puddle lamps so you know when to pull the cord on your chute as you descend from the interior to the ground.

Got in one on the weekend. Hope it's the only time I'll have to.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I like the signal mirrors, it is a flashy thing to have, no pun. My 2002 Mercedes ML had them. There was an LED that pointed straight to your blindspot and it was really bright to vehicles in that position. You could not see them from the drivers view either.

What I would really like to have is a factory "blindspot" mirror. I had one on my 2001 VW GTI. It has a small black vertical line about 1/4 the way in from the outside of the left mirror. The outer 1/4 is convex and enables you to see your blindspot. I loved them on my GTI, but haven't been able to get them on any car since. I am not a big fan of the "stick-on" ones either. I think they might be standard on some Muranos in other countrys.... Any one ever see what I am referring to?

What do you think?

Matthew

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All good points about the signal mirrors... I certainly don't want one with a red arrow on the mirror glass. Eeek. This is a Murano, not an Excursion ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts