Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about clear euro style rear tailights for the MO? I am not talking about the 3rd party Alteeza tailights (which I personally CANNOT stand), or the crystal clear tails, but rather a more subtle style, similar to the Lexus RX330...

If anyone could photochop Euro tails onto a MO, that would be pretty cool... I don't have the skills to do it very well.

If it looks how I see it in my head, I think it might be pretty sharp.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I like the Mo's betta than the 330.
If I could, I would have them tinted.
:D

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
You can mak them tinted yourself. From slightly to a lot darker. Tintbrite, VHT niteshades and Testors Transparent black are all spray cans that are then followed by a clear ovecoat for cgloss and long life. I am experiementing on plastic panels to get the process down pat, determine number of coats to acheive my desired darkening ( just a little for me) and degree of lamp brightness reduction.

The lamp light only traves thru the painted panels once and reflected outside light twice (in and out) so they look much darker to the eye than they reduce any bulb brightness. GRIP :D

·
Registered
541 Posts
There is a thread on here with someone who had their tailights and third brake light tinted. They sent them out to a shop that does it. Do a search for the thread, there is a link to the site that does the tinting.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts