Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still working on the local dealer. Should know within a day or so if I'll be buying the MO for the wife.

Curious to everyone's thoughts on buying the MO is? Regret it? I had a 2002 Acura CL Type S that had THREE transmission failures in my first 10,000 miles, so I'm reather accustomed to "issues" with cars. :)

But an alternator is an alternator. Ignoring service, which quite hoenstly doesn't really concern me as the dealer I'd end up at is as good as it gets... SO...

Are you guys satisfied with the MO? Regret buying it and why? Should have waited for the '05? Or should I go buy something else??? And what should I buy!?? :D

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I would definitely still buy. There is no other vehicle in the Murano's class which offers a better combination of style and performance. The closest would be the RX330, MDX, or X5, but they cost a lot more.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My biggest gripe is with NNA, and the dealer that handled my alternator problem. I personnally will not likely ever buy a Nissan product again because of this.
Now, refering to the MO, I am happy with it. I am keeping it because I am happy with it. I agree with the observation that there isn't much in it's class AND price to compare it to. Other than the alternator, so far it hasn't given me much trouble at all. As I was leaving work today, and was walking to the MO across a more or less empty parking lot, I was thinking to myself how good looking it is and how much I like it and plan on keeping it a while, which is not something I normally do with cars.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Beemer biker wrote:

As I was leaving work today, and was walking to the MO across a more or less empty parking lot, I was thinking to myself how good looking it is and how much I like it and plan on keeping it a while, which is not something I normally do with cars.
Funny, i had the same thinking today as i walked out from the office.
But, when i see the porsche boxter and honda s2000 roadster of my 2 coworkers, parked side by side next to my murano, i was tempted to get a roadster too.
Guess, we human never satisfy....;)

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I have not yet had the alternator problem (knock on wood!) and I do not regret having bought a 04 just a few months before 05 came out. As far as I am concerned, that has given me a few extra months to play with my MO! Even though I am not very fond of Nissans (and Nissan service from what I hear), I really like this car and I would buy again in a heart beat.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great feedback... More is always appreciated. ;)

We'll see what the 'st-ealer' comes back with today. As of last evening we were about $1000 off included price on the MO and my trade. That's a LONG way to come. Doubt they'll make it. :(

BUT>>> I still have a few tricks up my sleeve. :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Re: Beemer biker wrote:

SugarRushMurano said:

Funny, i had the same thinking today as i walked out from the office.
But, when i see the porsche boxter and honda s2000 roadster of my 2 coworkers, parked side by side next to my murano, i was tempted to get a roadster too.
Guess, we human never satisfy....;)
You'll NEVER regret this move, trust me on this.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I had to copy what Zebelkham wrote beacuse it is exactly how how I feel.

QUOTE:

"I have not yet had the alternator problem (knock on wood!) and I do not regret having bought a 04 just a few months before 05 came out. As far as I am concerned, that has given me a few extra months to play with my MO! Even though I am not very fond of Nissans (and Nissan service from what I hear), I really like this car and I would buy again in a heart beat."

ME TOO, I even sold my 03, silver leather all acccessories G35 to get it.

GRIP :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
No regrets at all. I have not had my Murano long, but I love it. The only issue I have had to this point is the auto shifter does not rebound immediatly when down shifting. This is to be replaced tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts