Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah! That is the new Nissan SHIFT_ slogan campaign....
You can read that phrase everywhere in their printed advertisement for Nissan cars....

Sounds cheesy to me.

I like lexus' : The passionate pursuite of perfection"
or Porsche's: "Calling a Porsche a transportation is like calling sex reproduction:

Comments?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
They've had this slogan for a couple years now I think. I kind of like it, except my Murano doesn't shift at all!

·
5,244 Posts
I do not like it. It is meaningless and plain stupid. It is somewhat similar to "we make world spin around". This one is a slogan of a corporation I work for. And is equally stupid.

But this is my opinion. Others may disagree...:D

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
The slogan is bad. And I don't mean bad in a good way. I mean bad as in terrible.

It is not "catchy", nor thought-provoking. It makes me think the Nissan Sales and Marketing group is out of touch with their customers.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I work for Prudential and the slogan conversation here reminded me of something I thought I would share. Prudential's symbol is a Rock and their slogan is/was "get a piece of the rock."

Years ago, when I worked in the financial department managing 401(k)s... we received a letter from an unhappy customer. The line that was really funny said, "... all I wanted was a piece of the rock and you went and dropped the whole dam boulder on me, send me back all my money now!"

Of course there was more to the letter, but that line just always makes me smile when I think of it, which this conversation did, so I just wanted to share that.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I think the slogan for the Murano should be Shift_None.

I don't know. I don't buy cars based on their slogan.

Pontiac - we build excitement (and the Aztek).
Built Ford Tough - nothing says manly like a Ford Festiva.
BMW - Ultimate Driving Machine - I can't afford it.

The cars I do like - I don't know what the manufacturers slogan is.

Now, if someone would Just Do It.

·
5,244 Posts
hey GMTURBO43

you stole my slogan;: JUST DO IT!

:2:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Eric L. said:
They've had this slogan for a couple years now I think. I kind of like it, except my Murano doesn't shift at all!

BINGO! The ad writer fits right in, with a truly great slogan. " Half the struggle to acheive smartness is knowing what it is you don't don't know"

They obviously don't know about the CVT!

·
4,601 Posts
Some of the ads are good, some are bull_shift. None stand out in my mind like the GIJoe, Barbie and Ken ad pulled many years back, except for the Maxima one in 2000, which was so good it's been ripped off by other car makers for their products.

"Enjoy the Ride" still sticks in my mind and will endure even when the other Shift has passed away...

Grip, hopefully they'll relax in a year or so and start marketing the CVT in a positive light, instead of cloaking it.

Never mind AWD on the back, let's see CVT!

·
4,994 Posts
Hopefully they will understand what CVT really stand for, Right now they act like it's "Cursed Vehicle Transmission"

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Oh c'mon have we all forgotten "Dogs love.....trucks!"

Nissan had a few very cool Maxima commercials, before Nissan supersized it into the pudgy model it is today.

Who can forget the Top Gun Maxima commercial with the bombing pigeons? The voice of the pigeon was the dude who played Cliff Claven on Cheers! And the one where they played the cheesy Suzanne Vega song and the Maxima drove really fast to catch the sunset a second time?

I am also partial the Murano commercial where the sports fans drive to SBC Park in SF and take a canoe out to McCovey cove. But then I am a SF Giants fan, so I guess I'm partial to that commercial.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Those of you who have had a 350Z 6speed might very well agree with me that they should rename it to shift_grrrrrrind

:p

·
4,601 Posts
Hey Eric, thanks!!! I forgot about those and now I'm smiling just thinking about them... They were cool commercials.

The funny thing, when I was in my 2K Maxima and someone did a lane change into the right rear side of me, I get put into this spin on a 6 lane highway, bounce off the concrete median, and spin across all 6 lanes to the other side.

During the spin, which was pretty damn fast at 60 MPH, I was thinking three things.

1) One of the many transport trucks that use this road is going to hit me and I'm dead.

2) Wow, this thing's smooth even in a spin. (It was only 6 months old.)

3) Nissan's tagline... Enjoy the ride.

Sure is good to laugh about it now! But that, is a successful tag line. I can't ever imagine thinking "SHIFT_dead"

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah..._Shift for the Murano should read:

_Shift: Something only "normal" cars do from now on.
_Shift - Nissan Murano, a shift away from shifting.

Regards,

Big

·
Registered
114 Posts
Eric L. said:
Oh c'mon have we all forgotten "Dogs love.....trucks!"

Nissan had a few very cool Maxima commercials, before Nissan supersized it into the pudgy model it is today.
Talking about cool commercials.

A local beer company produced this ad, I think the car manufacturers take themselves a little bit too seriously. Maybe Nissan can do an ad like this

http://www.bigad.com.au/

it's very funny !

·
5,244 Posts
ekka,

very cool commercial! But then again beer companies always produced one of the coolest commercials.....

That's why I stick with fine wine..;)

unless it is Queensland, beach and of course ...............XXXX ekka, you know what I mean:D

·
4,601 Posts
That's a big ad. From a big country.

·
4,994 Posts
I would add one thing to the ad!

10,000 guys going BURP at the end.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts