Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say I've had my Mo for about a month now and I love it. I was wondering about changing the exhaust to either the 350z exhaust or the FX exhaust, I heard these were interchangeable with the MO and was wondering what would sound nicer and give me more power?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Interchangable? I don't think so.

Do a search on this forum and see what the others have to say. I know several members have removed the center muffler, but I do not recall seeing any info on a successful muffler upgrade to either a "Z" or FX system.

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
bOxdesigns took out his center muffler and put in a Z rear muffler from what i remember... didn't sound more like a Z though

there are a couple aftermarket systems available for the murano by NISMO and Prussian Blue and one other but there prices range from 1100 to 1700 bucks.

her is one company that offers a couple of the above mentioned options...EXHAUSTS

·
Registered
438 Posts
Definitely not interchangeable. Piping is different, location of hangers are different, the distance between the tips is different.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info, i'll check around for the nismo exhaust. How much different is the FX exhaust setup from the MO? I like the way the FX sounds,maybe I could talk to someone at a speed shop and they'll point me in the right direction- or the tell me i'm off my rocker and give me a crazy look.. lol

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
We have underside pics of the MO and Z and discussed this before, the Z muffler is very different. We do not have underside pics of the FX. But I honestly believe the best bang for the buck is to simply remove the center muffler. Previous posters have indicated it looks better and sounds better by just removing the center muffler.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone for your input, I should've searched around a little better for the answers but thanks for answering them anyway

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i sent beaspoke VIP an e-mail and they responded saying that the impul exhaust system has a great FX35 like sound and the quality is superior of either the nismo or prussian blue exhausts.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Gonzo said:
What is the point of the center muffler anyhow?
It catches stones kicked up by the front tires that would otherwise puncture the gas tank. :D

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
njjoe said:

It catches stones kicked up by the front tires that would otherwise puncture the gas tank. :D

-njjoe
:2: :2: :2: :2: :2: :2:

·
5,244 Posts
Enforcer said:
No problem, post your questions we'll answer them if we know...and if we don't we'll make something up :D.

If anybody has a pic of the FX exhaust/muffler I'd like to see it posted here in one of these threads.
I will do it when I get back from my trip........in 2 weeks time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts