Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
For those of you who have not had the opportunity of having your MO up on a hoist, I have attached photos of the underside. Paying particular attention to the stock exhaust system.

You can see the (in my opinion messy) arrangement how the manifolds exit the engine bay, the (in my opinion unnecessarily) restricted pipe section, and the rest of the exhaust system.

I have seen some discussion on the forum that a G35 coupe system would fit with a longer mid section but I can tell you now, that this is not the case.

Please note: My vehicle is an all wheel drive model and thats what I'm talking about.... I have no idea what the bottom of a Front wheel drive Mo looks like.

The headers made for the G35 will certainly not fit.
The "Y" pipe at the front too will not work.
Only the mid section and the muffler may work.

In order to build a suitable system, One will need to obtain the muffler and mid pipe meant for a G35 coupe and manufacture the pipe work that joins this mid pipe to the header exit points

The stock pipe gets very very thin and takes an oval cross-section just after the two flexible joints.
It looks like this has been done to better the ground clearance BUT. In my opinion, you gain none effectively by doing this.
The restricted portion of pipe runs under a cross bar like component which is low at the two ends and raised only at the middle where the pipe sits. Hence, you only gain a bit extra clearance right in the middle of the vehicle.

The photos will explain this better.

Have a look....

Can some one please tell me how to upload multiple photos ?

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
You can only post multiple photos by listing URLs pointing to another site.. click the IMG button above the text editing area to insert the URL pointing to the picture. People often use cardomain.com to host their car photos. Otherwise, you can upload single files to each posting.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did some one say "where is your tranny scoop?" ??

What tranny scoop ? This is the under side of my Mo as I received it. I have not removed anything..... Am I missing some part ?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
cee jay said:
Did some one say "where is your tranny scoop?" ??

What tranny scoop ? This is the under side of my Mo as I received it. I have not removed anything..... Am I missing some part ?
That was me. I deleted my post to preserve the continuity of your pictures. All of the MO's should have a scoop under their tranny that directs air to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tranny scoop

Thanks for that...

Oh nooo !!! so something is missing from my vehicle ??!!

Does anyone have a photo of the tranny scoop on the vehicle ?

Do you think it is possible that mine was not fitted with one as it is a Japanese domestic vehicle ?

I am worried now. Here in Sri Lanka, the ambient temp. is about 35 Centigrade ! things can get pretty hot if suitable cooling is not supplied.

I think I'll stop driving my Mo till we get this issue sorted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just rushed down into the garage and had a look under the car.
There is certainly no scoop on it (now)

It looks like the front air dam (lower bumper) and tranny casing are different on zebelkhan's vehicle and mine.

I'll have a closer look in the morning again

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
cee jay said:
It looks like the front air dam (lower bumper) and tranny casing are different on zebelkhan's vehicle and mine.
They look the same to me, just different angles.

Do you have a 2006 model? If you do, it is just possible that there has been a design change. You may want to contact your dealer and ask them to look in their parts list.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Damn good pictures.

As soon as I saw the first photo I wondered aloud where the scoop was. I thought you had removed it to better photograph the underside.

Is your engine 3.5 liters? Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought I read somewhere that MOs designed for the Japanese market were either detuned or had a smaller engine. If that is the case then maybe the scoop is not required because there is less stress placed upon the CVT.

Good luck with your new car.

-njjoe

·
Registered
485 Posts
The only thing the Murano's FWD Altima style platform and the 350Z/G35/FX "Front Midship" platform share is the rear subframe & suspension geometry. You can probably use the FM's muffler and a little midpiping, but how the engine is laid out up front is totally different between the two platforms.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My Mo is not an 06 model. It is either 04 or 05.

The engine is the 3.5 liter VQ35DE unit. Same as what you guys have in USA. No changes to tuning.

Does any one have any more photos of the scoop ?

Problem is... This is the only Mo in my country !!!
Even the Nissan agent in Sri Lanka has not seen one. (The Mo is not offered in Sri Lanka so this vehicle is a private import) They will not have any parts lists or any other info regarding the Mo.

Even things like wiper blades I will have to import !

·
Registered
485 Posts
Dude! :13:

That's a mighty graphic way to highlight a simple tranny scoop! ;)

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
zebelkhan said:
Courtesy of Enforcer, the scoop is clearly visible here:
That's cruel.

(But it is a damn good photo of the scoop.)

-njjoe

·
Registered
127 Posts
cee jay said:
My Mo is not an 06 model. It is either 04 or 05.

The engine is the 3.5 liter VQ35DE unit. Same as what you guys have in USA. No changes to tuning.

Does any one have any more photos of the scoop ?

Problem is... This is the only Mo in my country !!!
Even the Nissan agent in Sri Lanka has not seen one. (The Mo is not offered in Sri Lanka so this vehicle is a private import) They will not have any parts lists or any other info regarding the Mo.

Even things like wiper blades I will have to import !
Do you have a CVT transmission.?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts