Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Mo,but I hate the way the exhaust system hangs down
so low.Does Gibson make cat-back system for Mo's ?
Does anyone have one ?
How does it sound?

·
Registered
256 Posts
there were a couple of owners that put a straight pipe in place of the middle muffler. Have been meaning to ask if they've been happy with that decision? Any regrets?

·
Registered
29 Posts
out with the center muffler

after i drove over a sand dune and the center muffler drug i decieded to take it out, I have no regrets, it sounds no different. why is it even there? if you notice all the Nissan Photo's of the Murano, they dont have that stupid toyota looking muffler in the center. and neither do I. I looking at putting a 350Z muffler on it, but it appears to be total oppsite of the MO, maybe i will just flip it over then it will match up, maybe?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Re: out with the center muffler

Shift_less said:
after i drove over a sand dune and the center muffler drug i decieded to take it out, I have no regrets, it sounds no different. why is it even there? if you notice all the Nissan Photo's of the Murano, they dont have that stupid toyota looking muffler in the center. and neither do I. I looking at putting a 350Z muffler on it, but it appears to be total oppsite of the MO, maybe i will just flip it over then it will match up, maybe?

I think in the Nissan press photos, they just photoshop the low hanging exhaust pipe section out!

·
Registered
29 Posts
what ever the case, it looks better with the center muffler gone. and it has more ground clearence. and ther exhaust flow has to be better with it gone. all i can see are advantages.

·
Registered
256 Posts
midnight2004...I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering the same thing. I actually think the Infiniti's are somewhat annoying especially in city traffic. Don't know what they sound like from the inside though.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Found this, RE Nismo exhaust for MO:

"I am working on getting these exhausts imported from Japan...

Hopefully in the next couple of months I will have some!"

--------------------
[email protected]
http://www.mynismo.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts