Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea i am a noooobie. i just got mine yesterday, the only thing is the exhaust hangs down a bit, what is up with that?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Its just the way the exhaust system sits in the Murano. The reasons why the pipe is so far down is to reduce noise in the vehicle and possibly also shield the exhaust heat from the cabin.

Its ugly, but I've never hit anything with it. I had the same issue with my 97 Maxima.

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
And for a $1 off (some models) it represents quite a bargin.:p

I don't think it's worth spending that kind of money.

I suspect thata straight pipe would be satisfactory.
If not than a 12" stright thru glass pack should do.
The straight pipe is generally $10 and the Glass pack >$25

Most custom muffler shops could fix you up for <>$50 if it really bothers you.

Homer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not bothering me that bad, just wondering if all were like that. it seems i have seen some worse than others. later i might replace it with a round borla or something since Borla does not plan to make anything for it, i already asked them. thanks

·
SHIFT_ passion
72 Posts
I took mine off about 6 months ago... Never had any problems. Just went with straight pipe. It actually make it sound kinda throaty. I believe it cost me around $12.00:2:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Looks like there's lots of room to tuck it in higher, espcially if you build a whole new mid-pipe that goes from flange to flange (just behind the cat to just before the final muffler).

How's the noise levels of the straight pipe? At idle? Full throttle? Cruising on streets or highways?

·
5,244 Posts
I like this one! The only problem - does the MO become more noisy? I like the quitness of the MO............

·
Registered
256 Posts
Would be very interested in the answer to the noise level question. I put Flowmasters on my Suburban and thought it was great! until I figured out the normal rpm for city driving was 1500-1800 which set up a mind numbing drone that made me keep it out of overdrive. Muffler shop said that it was pretty normal. Loved the sound at higher RPM's and the decelerating burbble, but "normal" RPM's is where most of us live.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Wonder how close the straight pipe sound is to the G35's out there? Their sound is great for about the first two stoplights, but those get annoying to the car next to them so can't imagine what they sound like inside on a day to day.

·
5,244 Posts
I drove FX35 to work yesterday (normally I drive MO).........the sound at low RPM is bothering me……..especially when you stop at lights……..I would not like it happen to MO………but I still like to get rid of the muffler and replace it with straight pipe…….

·
SHIFT_ passion
72 Posts
It really doesnt give off any noise at all. Just a slight gurgle. I watched my wife drive off the other day, it sounded great from the outside. On the inside theres no difference from stock.

MY RIDES>>>;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
have you noticed any driveability issues? Did the MPG change? I realize the computer will handle most of the back pressure changes but just curious about anything else that may have changed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts