Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mo's with the SL Leather package are supposed to come with the Exit/Entry system where the seat moves back when you turn off the ignition and open the door. This set-up is supposed to be there even if you do not have the memory system that comes with the touring package. Mine does not appear to work. Does anyone know if there is an on/off switch or a way to activate it? Thanks in advance.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
First it seems strange that it would be included even without the memory system since when the seat moves forward, it returns to the position the driver last had it in, not necessarily either of the profiles selected on the door. That is pretty much seat memory by definition, really.

Second, my guess is that these things, like most others are turned on and off via a programming option available to the dealer -- much like how I learned here how to get the automatic lockout turned off.

Good luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If yours does have the entry/exit feature, it can be turned off and on thru the menu on-screen. The details are in your owner's manual. This is a feature that the owner has access to, unlike some of the others that are dealer-only.
I don't remember exactly how to do it off-hand, that is why the reference to the manual. :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
That was true for the '03 SL's. The Leather package included entry/exit, memory and HID's.

The 2004 SL requires the Touring Package to get those features. In that case the Entry/Exit options are accessed by way of the "Setting" button.

SL LEATHER PACKAGE $3,500.00
- Leather-appointed seats
- 4-way power front-passenger's seat
- Dark silver-color lower bumpers
This package includes Sunroof Package contents.

SL TOURING PACKAGE $4,300.00
- High Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-level xenon headlights
- Memory system - driver's seat, adjustable pedals and outside mirrors
- Driver's seat entry/exit system
- Heated front seats
- Heated outside mirrors
This package includes Leather Package contents.

Complete 2004 Options List on Nissan's Site

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate all the responses. But according to Nissan Web site, www.nissanusa.com 2004 Murano SL leather package supposedly has the Driver side exit entry system. I am going to check the manual, then the dealer, then Nissan! Here is the screen shot of the window on the web site I am talking about. I will post the results of my discovery, if any!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
You activate the seat entry/exit system using the joystick to navigate a menu on the display screen.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hmmm...my Mo had the memory seat function but I lost it when I installed an aftermarket alarm. So are you saying that there is a way to activate the seat still sliding in and out (entry/exit system) in the menu on SL's with Leather package? Mine is an SL with leather so even though it had the memory seat function as part of the touring package I wonder if it also has the entry/exit system function that I could activate?

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All SL touring packages have the memory seats AND the entry exit system. As Eric L. Pointed out, if you have the touring package, you use the joy stick to turn the feature on or off. Push the "setting" button untill you get to the "personal settings" screen then use the joystick to find it.

I do not have the touring package. I only have the SL package, which does not have the memory seats. But as I stated in my previous post, according to Nissan's web site it should still have the exit/entry system. Using the instructions in the manual I tried but could not find the menu for this. I have all the other menus except that one. I guess that means that my car does not have the exit/entry system, and it should.

I have written to Nissan to see what they are going to say or do about it. I will keep everyone posted.:3:

·
Registered
542 Posts
What I was saying is that I lost my memory seat function by adding an aftermarket alarm because the memory seat function works off of your Factory Key Fob which I obviously no longer use. What I was hoping was that I could still have the exit/entry system work, because right now that does not work either. I can understand losing the memory seat function since it needs the factory key fob to recognize which driver is using the vehicle but it would not seem that an aftermarket alarm should have any effect on the exit/entry system since this activates when the key is inserted or removed, right? So i dont know if there was a way for me to go in and activate it or if that is not possible.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome back Dennis!

I never got an answer from Nissan or from my dealer for that matter and I really did not follow up like I should have. In a way, I am glad I don't have (or don't know how to turn on) the feature because of the potential premature wear to the motor gears, as complained about by some of the members.

·
5,268 Posts
zebelkhan said:
Welcome back Dennis!

I never got an answer from Nissan or from my dealer for that matter and I really did not follow up like I should have. In a way, I am glad I don't have (or don't know how to turn on) the feature because of the potential premature wear to the motor gears, as complained about by some of the members.
Have had this feature enabled from the begining - 2003 and 85k miles. No problems with reliability. It is there so why not to use it?

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kris said:
Have had this feature enabled from the begining - 2003 and 85k miles. No problems with reliability. It is there so why not to use it?
The point is I am not sure if I have it. I do not have the touring package which clearly states the exit/entry system as a feature with the memory option. But Nissan website at the time listed exit/entry system is there even for SL with leather package but I cannot find it on mine. To be honest, if I don't have the memory seats, it is hard to believe I would have the exit/entry setup as the seat will not know how to get back to the correct position....:D

·
5,268 Posts
zebelkhan said:

The point is I am not sure if I have it. I do not have the touring package which clearly states the exit/entry system as a feature with the memory option. But Nissan website at the time listed exit/entry system is there even for SL with leather package but I cannot find it on mine. To be honest, if I don't have the memory seats, it is hard to believe I would have the exit/entry setup as the seat will not know how to get back to the correct position....:D
You've got a point...;)

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I remember I sent a screen shot of statement to Nissan. I will look to see if I still have it.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
MR Z

What do you want them to do IF they agree they made a Boo Boo ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts