Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I will be taking possessio of a 2017 SL Murano. I had a 2011 Sl Murano and had a 7 years warrantee and never saw the dealer for it.

for a 2017 do you guys suggest me to take a 7 year warrantee on it. The Murano will be used a bit in summer and a couple months in winter. Since I have a summer toy vehicle.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
114 Posts
As you can attest to, I might take that money and invest/save it for the purpose of repairs. If they don't happen, use it as part of a down payment. Overall the insurance company always wins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
i took the 7 year warranty, negotiated it into the deal so didnt pay very much for it.
warranty is transferrable so it would help resale value if you wanted to sell it before.
\

·
Registered
287 Posts
While the warranty is transferable to a new owner it is not transferable to another car. That is, if your vehicle get's totaled you can't buy another Nissan and use the remainder of the warranty on the new car. It also means that if you fiance the warranty and total your car only your car will be paid off, you will still need to make payments on the warranty.

That said, I got the warranty on my 2015 Murano and I financed it. I'm at 50k miles and haven't had to use it yet but I know it only takes one thing going wrong to pay for itself.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If it is like one that I once had then it's not transferable to a dealer. You can sell the car privately and transfer the warranty but can transfer it on a trade in, therefore you get nothing for it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While the warranty is transferable to a new owner it is not transferable to another car. That is, if your vehicle get's totaled you can't buy another Nissan and use the remainder of the warranty on the new car. It also means that if you fiance the warranty and total your car only your car will be paid off, you will still need to make payments on the warranty.

That said, I got the warranty on my 2015 Murano and I financed it. I'm at 50k miles and haven't had to use it yet but I know it only takes one thing going wrong to pay for itself.
Just took possession of a 2017 Pearl white Sl Murano today. The extended warranty of my scrapped 2011 Murano, which there was 1 1/2 years left. is refundable. Nissan is going to send me $478.00 can. Then the Dealer offered me a 5 year 80k km extended warranty for $1000. Since I will only put around 6-8k km a year, I refused. But I still could get it just before end of 3 years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found this dealership in Santa Rosa, CA (just do a Google search for Jim Bone Nissan of Santa Rosa) that everyone raves about for the Nissan Security Plus Service Wrap Protection. They email you back in minutes. I just purchased a 2015 SL AWD and paid $3500 though my own dealer for the 96 month/120,000 miles since I included it in the financing. With as many electronics on them, I felt it was worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts