Nissan Murano Forum banner

Extended Warranty Advantages?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  njjoe 
#1 ·
I purchased an extended warranty for our '03 SE. Luckily I haven't had any major needs where I had to lean on the warranty.

I did have the "can't open the gas cap cover" incident and the charge was $0 due to the warranty.

I now have some smaller items to take care of: seat belt retractor and the rear hatch dampeners.

Can I take advantage of my extended warranty for items such as these? To be honest, I'm not totally aware of what I can use this for and how it works. I always figured if something big happened I had insurance.

What about fixes for TSB's too?

Guidance appreciated.

thanks

#2 ·
Extended warrantys are very limitted in their coverages so you really have to read the fine print. This link should take you to Nissan's site for their extended warranty. Just select your state and type of warranty you have to review it:

http://www.nissanusa.com/content/0,...lansSecurityPlusServiceAgreement_gn-1,00.html

In general, seatbelt components (and part sof emission systems) are waranteed for 10 years or 100k miles and you don't need extended warrnty for them. Rear hatch dampners are probably not even covered....

#3 ·
LKimura-

It all depends on the type of coverage you purchased.

There are four types of coverage. The least expensive covers just the basics. Then there is bumper-to-bumper with exclusions. The most expensive is the all-inclusive bumper-to-bumper. An extended warranty for the power train is also available.

The Murano's standard warranty coverage for seat belts is 120 months/unlimited mileage. So you should have no problems having the seat belts taken care of.

The rear hatch struts are a different story. You'll have to read your policy to determine if they are covered.

Good Luck.

-njjoe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.