Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm almost 70, and in my entire life, the only extended warranty I've ever bought was for a computer printer and the warranty cost me $10. Only 1 vehicle did I ever wish I had bought the warranty. This vehicle was a diesel pickup, and it later became known that at 80K to 100K miles, a key part had a good chance of failing. It failed on my truck.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Has anyone bought the Jim Bone Nissan of Santa Rosa official Nissan Security+Plus extended warranty? I’m thinking about doing it because the car has been paid off it’s whole life, which is 4.5 years now. I can pay $2400 and have 5 years and up to 125k coverage of almost everything.

My dealer wanted $2800 for third-party and said he couldn’t come close to even $2800 on the Nissan one.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Has anyone bought the Jim Bone Nissan of Santa Rosa official Nissan Security+Plus extended warranty? I’m thinking about doing it because the car has been paid off it’s whole life, which is 4.5 years now. I can pay $2400 and have 5 years and up to 125k coverage of almost everything.

My dealer wanted $2800 for third-party and said he couldn’t come close to even $2800 on the Nissan one.
Are you sure that is an additional 5 years and 125k miles?

Often times it begins along with the manufactures' warranty, so it only adds a couple of years and 65k additional miles to the manufactures' 3 year/60k warranty...

Jim Bone Nissan of Santa Rosa does seem to have better Nissan warranty prices than most...

·
Registered
876 Posts
Are you sure that is an additional 5 years and 125k miles?

Often times it begins along with the manufactures' warranty, so it only adds a couple of years and 65k additional miles to the manufactures' 3 year/60k warranty...

Jim Bone Nissan of Santa Rosa does seem to have better Nissan warranty prices than most...
It’s 5 more years and 75,000 more miles. We’re at close to 50k.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Just Do It and Have Fun......:cool:
So, I just bought a ‘21 4Runner. My first Toyota. We have endless places here in Colorado to play.

The Murano I’m thinking will be the highway car. The heater/cooler for the drivers seat is already broken for the second time. Not even 50k miles. I’m not keeping a car with such poor quality without a full warranty. I don’t trust Nissan anymore. Get the warranty, drive it till the warranty is up, ditch it, never buy another Nissan.

·
Registered
301 Posts
So, I just bought a ‘21 4Runner. My first Toyota. We have endless places here in Colorado to play.

The Murano I’m thinking will be the highway car. The heater/cooler for the drivers seat is already broken for the second time. Not even 50k miles. I’m not keeping a car with such poor quality without a full warranty. I don’t trust Nissan anymore. Get the warranty, drive it till the warranty is up, ditch it, never buy another Nissan.
God willing, I will purchase the Mach-E GT toward the end of the year after moving to my new home with the garage to install the 220V fast charger. I will keep the MO as a backup ICE vehicle. The Mach-E will be my primary car. A friend of mine picked up the California edition of the Mach-E about a month ago and he loves it. He used to have the Model-X and he considers the Mach-E is a refined version of the Model-X...!

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD
43 Posts

I have on my 2020 Murano. I forget the name of the gentleman I worked with there but he was very helpful. Similar to your situation, they beat the price of local (Chicago) dealerships by a long shot. It is the legit Nissan warranty. I had a local dealership confirm I was enrolled recently when I was there for a repair that was covered under the original factory warranty.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts