Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there purchased extended warranty?

A loan agent talked me into purchasing an extended warranty, bumper to bumper, 5 years 100,000 miles. At $1,800 I figured it out it was OK. However, I have my doubt about warranties like this one. I purchased a Ford 4 years ago with extended 4 years, 75,000 miles warranty. At 63,000 a front bearing let go. Not a big deal I thought, it is under warranty. At least hat what was written in the warranty coverage. After repair I was presented with a nice bill that I had to pay. Yes, the dealer said, the bearings are covered but we had to change the “hub assembly”. But wasn’t the bearing that failed? I asked. Yes he said but we cannot replace the bearing. You probably know how it goes. In the end the warranty proven to be worthless. As to me – Ford lost at least 2 loyal customers and a few new cars sales. It also proved why they are losing sales now. Once a bunch of lawyers start running the business the end is close.

I am glad I switched to Nissan. At least for now. So any experience with “extended warranty out there”?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I had a transmission rebuilt twice under a Ford extended warranty. First time had a $100 detuctible but was much better than paying over $3000 out of my own pocket. About 10000 miles later had it done again for free (12 month/ 12000 mile warranty). So the warranty was worth. Ford lost me because they build crap and can't fix it right.

I am still debating whether or not I should purchase an extended warranty from Nissan. You can buy one after you buy the car, just can't finance it. On the VPP website they recommend that you wait to purchase the warranty because they can sell you it for cheaper. I may call just to see what kind of deals they can give. I would like to extend the bumper to bumper to 5 yr 75,000 (what my smart buy is for). I am a little worried about the life of the CVT, and worried about things like the LCD dying since it tells you everything about Nav, radio and HVAC. I am confident in the 3.5L since it is used in so many cars and is rated well.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I usually pick up the extended warranty towards the end of the factory warranty. I will probably get the Warranty Gold or GE polciy.

I've had GE's before & have been very happy.;)

Has anyone ever used a Warranty Gold policy?:confused:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Your pictures

I just looked at all your great pics of MOs,
Enforcer, and I think that the one you have labelled Luminous Gold may actually be pewter.

I'd like to see some "real" pics of gold MOs (not the Nissan studio-type pics). I've seen a couple drive by... very nice, but a quick look.

It's on my short list of colours, along with black, blue, and silver (okay, and maybe pewter).

·
Registered
278 Posts
King Hemi

Where are the pics posted?

·
Registered
278 Posts
In King Hemi's Gallery, of course!

I just figured out the gallery thing, now that we're talking about MO colours in the extended warranty thread. Lotsa fun.

My Pathfinder is gold (less gold than MO gold). Sahara Beige is what it's called, but it sure looks like gold when the sun hits it!

MO is even more gold. Me like. Tough decision. Looks good in black, silver... not crazy about the spilled milk interior... black gets hot... blah, blah... in the meantime, I have survived just about every exterior and interior colour, in 35 years of driving.

It'll all be over soon, Rainbow... just relax... take a deep breath. Pick a colour.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Black side molding pics

That will be great, Your Highness, pics of gold with black side molding (one of my reservations is how a light colour will look with black molding).

I really want maximum protection from parking lot morons, stone chips, posts, pillars, and what-not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts