Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, since my 3 yr mark is coming up in May'06, i went to the dealer yesterday and got a quote on the Platinum Coverage i.e. its just like this 3yr/60k km warranty.

it is 7yr/120k km but it will be add-on to my current one. so basically i will get 4 more yrs of PEACE OF MIND. i currently have 39,000 km so mileage is not an issue for me.

total $ = 1950$ + Taxes = $2230 CDN

what do u guys think of that ?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
It depends if you think you will spend $2300 on repairs during the next four years. Personally I think $2300 spent on maintenance will keep you out of trouble, and you actually get something for your money (parts and service) rather than just a guarantee you hope you never have to make a claim on.

One thing that irked me about Nissan's extended warranty is that you pay pretty much the same price whether you buy it when the car is new, or just before the basic warranty expires. The only cost to Nissan I guess, is the free rental car you get if you have the extended warranty.

If Nissan offered a CVT only warranty, I would probably get that since thats the only part I have some uncertainties about.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
hasaanbhutta-

How much longer do you plan on keeping the MO?

-njjoe

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^
that was the first thing in my mind, for how long i will keep my MO. it will be paid off in Summer of '09 (bank loan). so that will mean, if i decide to get the new vehicle (which 100% will be MO) i can have some better resale value at that time. or even before that if i choose to sell it, it would give me some more $$

1 - 4 of 4 Posts