Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who've gotten caffe latte leather interior--does the steering wheel get dirty since it's light colored? What about the rest of the interior? I have a dog w/ dark brown short hair--would the charcoal leather be better?

What about Glacier Pearl? How easy is it to keep clean vs Silver?

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
The steering wheel will get dirty as the car ages.
But you won't notice it at all between cleanings if you clean the SW every month or two.
Kept my last car pretty clean , but after 7 years the wheel is definitly dirty.
The seats are easy to clean and don't get the oils mixed with dirt that the SW gets.
But if you are going to have a dog on the seats. I'd get cloth.

Our dog rides in the wayback. But I see dogs up front all the time. I would imagine the concern would not be for the dirt, that can be cleaned and leather cleans easier than cloth, but the concern would be his nails tearing it.
Of course he can tear the cloth too, but it is not as expensive that way.

Homer

·
Registered
719 Posts
Steering wheel covers are about $7, usually the first "accessory" that I add to a car. (Real easy with the charcoal interior.)

The dog hair can be a real issue on cloth, depends on the type of dog. We have a Yellow Lab whose hair it virtually impossible to get out of carpet, but easily wipes off (or vaccums) the leather surfaces.

As far as the dogs nails tearing the cloth or leather, well I've decided that it's may job to keep those nails clipped to avoid either incident!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts