Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if it is just me, but every now and then I notice I can roll up my windows right after stopping my Mo and pulling the key out. I thought this just might be a cool feature, but it doesn't happen all the time. Anybody else notice this? Know why its not all the time?

·
Registered
443 Posts
If anyone opens a door, the window/sunroof switches are deactivated. Also, there is a timer for how long you have to close the windows/sunroof after pulling out the key... can't remember the time but it's in the manual.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Yea I believe the MO gives you 30 seconds after the key has been removed to activate windows and sunroof. Nice little feature.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem is, it doesn't look like its consistent, or maybe I'm just not?

·
Registered
424 Posts
That IS cool!. I didn't know about that feature. Just went out and tried it and it worked.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
This feature has been in cars for years. My Mom had it in her 97 Bonneville. My friend's 03 Trailblazer even keeps the radio on until you open the door (which is the same for my uncle's Caddy). My Mom calls it the "Mary Jo Kopechne feature". (She's strange like that :) )

Oh, and I'm sure its consistent, you (or a passenger) probably just opens the door before you realize it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Real cool.......

This feature gives you 30 sec. to roll up a forgotten window
or an open sunroof. If by chance you open a door (any door) it
cancels out the timer and power to the windows/sunroof is disrupted. Still cool though!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ya, I have to agree, most cars have had that feature for a while now. But yes, very nice.

Also, did you guys know that if you hold down the unlock button on the clicker for a few seconds the front windows roll down?

My alty had it and I thought I would try it when I got the MO. Yup, they roll down too!!! It's nice when it's hot and you are approaching the vehicle, hold the button down and your windows come down.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Lots of little features like that... one just has to read the owner's manual to reveal all the secrets. :4:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
My old Chrysler T&C had that.
And it would lock the doors when you hit about 10-12 MPH. Good for keeping kids inside and good for keeping bad guys outside.

Nissan should invent that feature in another couple of years.

Homer

·
Registered
424 Posts
Gonzo said:
one just has to read the owner's manual to reveal all the secrets.
I guess I have a short attention span. After the first section, I lost interest. I just sat in the vehicle with the quick reference guide to figure out how things worked.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the doors that "autolock" after 10MPHish.... I find it annoying. If I want the doors locked I'll do look 'em. As far a kids... thats why they put child proof door locks in the back.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
It doesn't matter whether you like it or not.
Nissan will continue to copy other peoples ideas.

I think the Nissan auto-lock is dumb.
But they didn't ask me.
So I had it disabled at the dealer.

That's what you will have to do with 10MPH autolock once Nissan Invents it.

Maybe, just maybe, they will let us make the decisions on some of these things in the future.
That's the trend.
Even tho it isn't mentioned, one of the big differences in the 04 is that the owner has far more control over software parameters than we do.

Homer

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Yes I kind of wish the 03 had the same control. I like that and I'm sure the dealers like it too (less in shop time for little things).

You know I bet if Nissan wanted to they could provide a software update pretty easilly to make an 03 settings like an 04.... hhhhhhmmmmmm. Nissan are you listening???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts