Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there someone out there in Murano world that can point me in the right direction. I would like to purchase factory crossbars for my 04 Murano. What kind of pricing is reasonable. My dealer seems to be fairly high. That's probably because I live in Canada. If anyone has any other ideas I would also be interested.

·
Registered
844 Posts
carwashboy said:
Is there someone out there in Murano world that can point me in the right direction. I would like to purchase factory crossbars for my 04 Murano. What kind of pricing is reasonable. My dealer seems to be fairly high. That's probably because I live in Canada. If anyone has any other ideas I would also be interested.
I end up buying mine from the dealer as no one at the time sold crossbars for the MO. My cost was $200 CDN, but they are fairly strong and I only needed 2 bars instead of three on my old van. They hold up a Yakima Rocket box that can hold 8 pairs of skis and two boards for the dark side skiers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. At least I have a idea what I should be paying. This site would be a great place to list any MO'S that people know of that are in junkyards and where we could see if certain parts can be purchased off of them.

·
The Member
104 Posts
bars

As they are about $125 + sh in US dollars, you are probably gona have to buy it for $200 CA as it's won't make a big diff in money and will give u less headache.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Crossbars

About $120-$130. In terms of load capacity -- they are the same as Yakima or Thule. Murano's roof can only handle 100 lbs of weight, so even if you went with aftermaket stuff, it will be the same.

The only + for aftermarket bars is -- they are versatile and fit perfect. Aftermaket bars will stick out and create more wind drag. You can attach anything to them versus factory bars that are somewhat limited.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts