Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chance to pick up a Factory DVD Entertainment for my MO due to a problem with my dealer for $600. Long story... anyhow, they want to charge me about $250 for the installation or pay only $600 and install it myself. My question is does anyone have any info on what is needed to install this? I don't think the mo is pre-wired for the OEM dvd. I have the service manual from Nissan and I can't seem to find anything on this accessory.

Any suggestions and/or comments?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Every geniune Nissan "accessory" I've purchased has come with excellent installation instructions. The most complicated one was the trailer wiring harness and it was excellent.

If you have the service manual, along with the instruction, I think you'll be good to go.

I certainly wouldn't pay roughly 4 hours of labor for them to do it.

As to the prewiring-, I'd just ask what parts are needed to complete the installation that aren't included in the kit? Maybe they'll let you review the instructions before you make a decision to buy?

I'd buy one for that price (and I don't even have rear seat passengers that often).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dklanecky1!

I actually found the installation instructions online and it doesn't seem too difficult. I'm going to buy it and I will take your advice and find out anything else that I might need from their parts department.

thanks again.:2:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Can you post a link to the instructions? I'd like to take a look at them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
22 Posts
The leeparts.com website says this kit is for the 2005 only. What would stop us people with 2003's or 2004's from doing this? I understand that the FM antenna wire or power may not be there, but we certainly have the means to get it there. I think this could work in any model year Murano.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually the 2004 SL with leather Package or Touring Package are pre-wired, however, while doing some work on the murano (Installing my Carputer) I found a wire that was just under the shifter. It was not installed to anything and it seems to be in the place where the "OEM Pre-wire" would be. I'm still waiting on the DVD system on getting here. It might work fine. If not, I don't think it's too much to do to install it. In fact, I might install it direct to my PAC-AUX unit instead of using the FM transmitter. Now, my only question would be the power, could I use the power from one of the exisiting power outlets? Or should I go directly to the fuse box ?

Any suggestions.

And I will let you know with my progress.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Success!!!

Finally received my DVD MES from my dealer and went right ahead and took advantage of the snow day and installed it. The 2004 SL is pre-wired for the DVD system. The only problem I had with the install was fitting the console that has the screen with the center console it self. I had to saw some extra plastic out of the way to make room for the console. Other than that... she works great! I ended up using the FM transmitter after all and it works fine. I will post pictures later.

:D

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
GOOD FOR YOU! WAy to GO! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2004 SL and I have all the packages except the DVD system. I am looking to install OEM MES that comes from Nissan or the one that flips down from the roof. I want to know which one should I go for. I dont want the head rest LCDs. Also how do I connect the of market non OEM brand DVD player. Please let me know if you have any ideas regarding this.
Thanks
Amit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts