Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess what. We finally have an ipod interface with the factory radio for our Murano the only catch you must have a 6 cd in dash radio it works great you have access to every song in your library every playlist, artist, album and you can see the Playlist Artist and song name on your LCD display. FYI I have a SL AWD premium packaged.

PS I also have the Motorola IH 1000 bluetooh and when the call comes in it mute’s the radio.

The only thing I’m missing is the navigation system Please help.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Where did you get factory iPod integration? Where is the connector? How much was the part?

·
Registered
113 Posts
khriss77 said:
Guess what. We finally have an ipod interface with the factory radio...
Details man details! Where did you get it? How much did it cost? Got a part number? Where does the iPod sit in the vehicle?

Don't make me clean tearstains off my dash my telling me this is a delayed April Fools joke... :crazyeye:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok Guys I’m not a radio guy but it was so easy to install that you can even do it. Get the Xterra Interface From WWW.yournissanparts.com I had a 10% off coupon I will try to look for it and post it. Next you have to choose the interface with or with out Satellite radio FYI I purchase the one with Satellite radio is only an extra cable so it doesn’t make any difference. Just in case I will take pictures of the interface the satellite tuner the lcd scream and the ipod tonight.

1. plug the interface into the satellite harness witch all Murano is already pre-wired is underneath the left rear passenger sit. And guess what that is all you have to do for the ones with out the tuner. For the ones with satellite radio There plug the extra harness to the satellite tuner and that is it.

I think you must have a 6 cd in dash for it to work but is satellite ready I think it should work.

Again I will take pictures and post them tonight so guys can see how it works.

The interface is around $224.00

·
Registered
114 Posts
khriss77 said:
Ok Guys I’m not a radio guy but it was so easy to install that you can even do it. Get the Xterra Interface From WWW.yournissanparrs.com I had a 10% off coupon I will try to look for it and post it. Next you have to choose the interface with or with out Satellite radio FYI I purchase the one with Satellite radio is only an extra cable so it doesn’t make any difference. Just in case I will take pictures of the interface the satellite tuner the lcd scream and the ipod tonight.

1. plug the interface into the satellite harness witch all Murano is already pre-wired is underneath the left rear passenger sit. And guess what that is all you have to do for the ones with out the tuner. For the ones with satellite radio There plug the extra harness to the satellite tuner and that is it.

I think you must have a 6 cd in dash for it to work but is satellite ready I think it should work.

Again I will take pictures and post them tonight so guys can see how it works.

The interface is around $224.00
Khriss called me this morning and informed me that is worked perfectly, I don't think it is an isolated situation, I just think Nissan figures they need longer harnesses, because of the sat unit is in the back of the murano, but everything else must be the same, I thank Khriss for being the Gunieu Pig on this, but with his results, I have to concede and say it works....

·
Registered
94 Posts
PICS MAN, PICS!!! This is AWESOME news! I'm going to order it then as soon as we get settled and have an address up in Alaska. w00t!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Khriss, I'm glad you were able to follow the directions I sent to you. I've been enjoying this since last month and even worked with Khriss on where to buy, how to install and I've got the photos and all the gory details in another thread here:

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6239&pagenumber=4

This is the xterra module that plugs into the sat harness in the rear. As JerseyParts states, Nissan is probably just working on a different harness that either plugs directly into the back of the radio, or longer wiring. I was able to run these cables from the rear up to the front and have it installed in my glove box just like the xterra. The only functionality that doesn't keep is the random option. You can set it, but once you turn off the car, it forgets it. I've seen on other nissans this kit was designed for that they have this problem too.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Can you do most of the other functionality?

Not just playlists, but menu items, such as Podcasts, Songs, etc?

Thanks,
Alan

·
Registered
255 Posts
Alan, At lunch, I went out and scrolled through my songs, so that works fine. I don't have any pod casts so I can't test that.

Mantronix, that ICRUZ won't work as the Xterra was changed in 05 to use a Rockford Fosgate head unit that is satellite ready. That's the radio that this IPOD interface works with. My assumption is that all nissan radios that can handle satellite radio will work with this IPOD system. I got it for $185 shipped after using code CLBTTN on yournissanparts.com. That's not much more than the ICRUZ or some of the other PAC systems but it gives you so much more control and you can litterally lift two flaps behind your rear seat to install (on Satellite prewired Muranos). It doesn't get any easier than that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It came up to $214.00 for the satellite unit FYI I just took the PICS I will post them tonight once I get Home.

Rixmo do you know if I get the Maxima bluetooth part would it work for the Murano.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I already have something similar to that. I got the Motorola IHF1000 Bluetooth car-kit, It works great the I have it set up to mute the speaker when the call comes in or when you make a call and has a voice caller id. The only reason I wanted to go factory is for the LCD caller ID.

·
Registered
21 Posts
you guys are so lucky - I'd love to have something similar for the EU-Version, but unfortunately we don't have that SAT harness!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
khriss77,

was the interface installed on a 2006 model (or color screen for earlier years)? Also, if you have Satellite radio, what input would you set it to to play the ipod considering that all the other inputs are theoretically taken?????

·
Registered
114 Posts
NELSON said:
khriss77,

was the interface installed on a 2006 model (or color screen for earlier years)? Also, if you have Satellite radio, what input would you set it to to play the ipod considering that all the other inputs are theoretically taken?????
You just unplug the Ipod to access the Satellite, that is the only downfall...

·
Registered
132 Posts
rixmo said:
Tape (why do they still include this?)
Good question, I haven't touched a tape in over 12 years or more... is this the only car that includes a tape player?

Going to plug in my ipod interface this evening. I'll take pictures from beginging to end...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts