Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a parts list on which parts would be needed for retrofitting factory navigation?

Part numbers would be great!

I am guessing:
(1) Screen
(1) Radio
(1) SAT Reciever (for NAV)
(1) DVD ROM Drive
(1) DVD Database
(?) Harness/Harnesses

Thanks for any info!
Matthew

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Esemes! I have an "aftermarket" unit now. It works very well, but I am a factory equipment kind of guy. I know it will be costly. So are the 2 complete sets of wheels I have put on the car.

It is all about what we like right? You know, what makes us happy... That is how I rationalize "my" spending any way.

I look forward to the information!

Matthew

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
mattsmurano said:
Thanks Esemes! I have an "aftermarket" unit now. It works very well, but I am a factory equipment kind of guy. I know it will be costly. So are the 2 complete sets of wheels I have put on the car.

It is all about what we like right? You know, what makes us happy... That is how I rationalize "my" spending any way.

I look forward to the information!

Matthew
ok matt......

hava seat brother.......... :eek:

*info display (screen).........2183.11
*antenna, GPS...................52.53
*control unit.......................2309.07
*bracket, control unit..........9.78 and 7.89(left and right)
*disc, navigation.................489.81
*amplifier, a/v ....................1527.65
*bracket, amplifier...............9.78 and 7.89(left and right)

total for parts = 6597.51

goodness...... i wish'd i had upgraded b4 purchase time.....

:eek:

i STILL will scour the parts scene for an intact system, prolly next year (once more MO's are around........)but i have my doubts

heck, id like to have the color screen (only) to have better looking graphics on display for the hvac, radio, etc..........

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Esemes,

Now that is an impressive list of parts. You think it will all just plug in?

Do you happen to have the part numbers?

I want to use the #'s to email a couple of my sister stores to get employee pricing. I work for UAG and want to get an idea how cost effectively I can approach this.

That is a little more than the "pile" of aftermarket parts it would take to add Retractible Screen/DVD/NAV bla bla bla....

Matthew

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
*info display (screen)........28090-CA100

*antenna, GPS...................25975-CA100

*control unit.......................25915-CA100

*bracket, control unit........RIGHT=28316-CA100 LEFT=28317-CA100

*disc, navigation.................25920-CR920

*amplifier, a/v ....................28330-CA100

*bracket, amplifier............RIGHT=28316-CA105 LEFT=28317-CA105

again, id like to AT LEAST get the colour screen, to utilize the current non-nav functions i currently have.......

the display is much better to view, imo

keep me posted MM

·
4,664 Posts
Hmmm... The prices are either coming down, or you've missed something. Used to be around 7500.

Oh, and you'll have to add some wires to the wiring harness, as they're not all there with the Non-Nav MO's...

Still want to upgrade? Do a search on here and FreshAlloy, as you're not the first to ask about this.... ;)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is what I got.

28090-CA100 $2034.01
25975-CA100 $41.95
25915-CA100 $2169.90
28316-CA100 $7.81
28317-CA100 $6.83
25920-CR920 $410.72
28330-CA100 $1163.77
28316-CA105 $7.81
28317-CA105 $6.83

I am afraid to order the parts and not have everything I need, or it doesn't work for some reason...

What do you guys think?

Matthew

·
Registered
18 Posts
Buy a new one!

mattsmurano - I think you should just sell your current Murano and buy a new one with the Navigation system. It looks like it would be about the same price!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Retrofitting a non-nav with a nav is hell... good luck tearing apart the dash and calibrating everything. There is a reason it's a factory option... the car is built around the NAV. If you are successful in your ventures, kudos to you! But, it's not realistic. But, lol, lots of buts, I am behind you 110% in this if you wish to pursue it! Good luck, it's gonna be a b!tch of a ride :p

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ooh my gosh! I think I might just trow in the towel...

Looks like my aftermarket unit just might have to do the trick until my next auto purchase. If I were employed at a Nissan store, I might persu it some more, but I don't have the time or resources to deal with the problems. I would hate to invest thousands and fail. I am willing to go pretty far with it, but I too have limits. Argh!

Still love the car! I just have to tinker with things...

I think I will shilf my focus to suspension and try to enjoy the Vcommand NAV system I have. It works pretty well..

·
4,664 Posts
Ah, yes, now I remember what you forgot in the parts list. The top row of buttons is different when you have Nav. It's probably just the labels, but to do it right you have to replace them as well.

As far as calibration goes, I'm not aware of anything that needs to be calibrated...

Have to install the GPS antenna behind the display, put in the new display controller and colour display, put in the Nav control unit, wire it all up and load the DVD.

If it was cheap, it would be worth doing. But it's not!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't give up

If you are reading the posts in Accessories: http://nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=797&pagenumber=3

Chancie23 (who works for Nissan ) said they actually have talked about a dealer add-on NAV option. It's a long shot, I admit, but she says to hound the dealers and send emails to the marketing guys to get their attention. Maybe if we generate enough interest, something might happen.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts