Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Where can I get the factory roof side rails at a reasonable price. My dealer tried to tell me that it was impossible to get these added if it wasn't a factory option and suggested that I upgrade to the fully loaded model to get the side rails. Anny suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Has anybody HERE ever removed or installed roof rails?

I still wonder about the possibility/probablity of having to remove the headliner, a daunting task at best.

Homer

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
They are easy to take off. You don't have to remove headliner or anything inside car. I had to remove the right one to install my GPS antenna. Directions in shop manual are quite good.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I always though the side rails were standard equipment, and that the crossbars were the optional part. On a Murano without the side rails, are there even holes on the roof to mount the bars?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Yes there are holes.
I crawled up and looked at one when I bought mine.
But they are plugged.
I have never been able to find out whether they have captive nuts inside so that a Railless guy could just add rails by popping the plugs out and bolting the new rails on.

I've thought of taking mine off but didn't want to go through that sinking feeling when the nut fell off and into the space between the headliner and the roof.
I take it from Ekaxel that I don't have to worry about it.

I don't know the answer to your Standard/option question Eric.
I thought they were standard too. But I have seen them on the lot with no rails.

Homer

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Nuts are all captive. They won't fall off/in/out! I suspect there is a different rubber trim strip for a rackless vehicle.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Roof Rails

I have one without rails and the rubber strip is about three inches wide. I inquired about getting the railings at the Nissan Dealer parts counter and they did not even have them listed as available for purchase. I think you would have to buy them from someone who has taken them off (if anyone) or at a Junkyard.

·
Registered
424 Posts
pcs15394 said:
I inquired about getting the railings at the Nissan Dealer parts counter and they did not even have them listed as available for purchase.
They're listed in my parts manual.

Rail, Side Roof (Right) $271.45
Rail, Side Roof (Left) $288.23
Support, Center $23.10 R & L
Cap, Front Rail $30.67 R & L
Cap, Center $9.43 R & L
Cap, Plug $3.23 R & L
Bolts, $.62

It's not cheap.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Considering the $600 for the factory roof rail, is there

by any chance murano get aftermarket roof rail?
Any one in this forum go aftermarket with this accesories?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow!

Wow! $600 for a pair of factory rails? Silly me and I thought the factory SAT tuner was expensive. Oh well.. Salvage yard here I come!

·
Registered
542 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts