Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday while driving, my MO suddently entered fail safe mode. I pulled over, turned it off and on, same thing. Turned it off and on again, and it cleared, leaving on the SES light.

I tried to read the code today, and the best I can tell it seems to be alternating between 1212 and 0000. The 0000 comes in four bursts of 10 quick flashes. Then it pauses, and gives me 1 slow flash, 2 slow flashes, 1 slow flash, and 2 slow flashes. Then goes back to the four repeats fo 10 quick flashes. Does anyone know what this signifies? (Or am I reading it wrong?)

Thanks!!

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Sounds like you are reading it correctly. A code of 0000 is the "end of codes" code. :)

The 1212 code is TCS Communication Line. basically the ECM had trouble receiving data from the VDC/TCS/ABS control unit. It lists the possible culprits as the wiring harness or connectors, the VDC/TCS/ABS control unit or a weak/dead battery.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Then again, maybe not. I don't think you should get a 0000 unless there are no other codes. (Upon re-reading the service manual).

It should be 1 set of slow blinks and 3 sets of fast blinks per digit. There is an extra long delay between each group of 4 digits.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tyler_Canada said:
It should be 1 set of slow blinks and 3 sets of fast blinks per digit. There is an extra long delay between each group of 4 digits.
Thanks for the help!!

Now I'm confused. Here's the blink sequence:

two slow * pause * one slow * pause * two slow * pause * one slow * long pause

ten quick * pause * ten quick * pause * ten quick * pause * ten quick * long pause

Then the whole thing repeats. I shouldn't be getting those extra quick flashes? I hate to bring it to the dealer if all they're going to do is reset the light and tell me there's no problem...

Thanks again!

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
That sounds very strange... almost like the ECM itself has gone haywire. I would be tempted to reset the codes/light and see if you ever have the problem again. Computers sometimes have random trouble that occurs only once in a lifetime. If it happens again, it's something to get taken care of.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Tyler_Canada said:
Then again, maybe not. I don't think you should get a 0000 unless there are no other codes. (Upon re-reading the service manual).

How and where do you read the codes?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alrighty, I'll try resetting it and see what happens. Thanks again for your help!

HuskyFan -- There is a sticky in this forum on resetting the SES light. That's where the info is....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts