Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without any warning, at 12750 miles and 10 months of ownership, my 2004 SE AWD Murano's transmission began to shudder when first accelerating and when coming to a stop. I took it to the dealership the same day and after 45 minutes was told they were going to install a new TCU and transmission. They are supposed to be doing the repair under warranty and it is supposed to be ready Monday, I took it in on Thursday.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Very sad to hear of your problem. Glad the dealer is taking care of things though. Keep us informed how it turns out. Did they give you a loaner car in the meantime?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Thornhill Nissan, Ft. Worth TX, provide a rental vehicle; they authorized five days which should be sufficient, if my Murano is ready on Monday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Closing the loop on the failed CVT-On Tuesday afternoon, after bringing it in last Thursday afternoon, I picked up my Murano. I was really glad to get rid of the complementary rental mini-van; Thornhill had replaced CVT, TCM, and done the alternator modification per the recall.

I must say I was glad to get the vehicle back. The service manager, probably not the top service manager, related that this was only the second CVT he had seen replaced and he had been working for Nissan since before the Murano was introduced. He went to some length to reassure me that there was not a transmission problem and that my experience was not representative of a trend.

I did ask if the 5 year/60,000 warranty for the transmission started from this point, however, the response was negative. Basically I got the parts replaced, a rental, and they washed the vehicle. I am seriously considering purchasing an extended warranty and would like to hear any comments from anyone who has gone through a similar experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts