Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone encountered an issue w/ the heating or a/c? The fan on my MO doesn't seem to blow out any air whatsoever. I crank it up and no air comes out. All I have to say is WTF? It's a brand new car!!!!!!! :mad:

I checked some of the TSB's, but didn't see any. This should be covered under warrantee right?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Sounds like a freak failure. Been on here for 1.5 years and do not recall anyone reporting a fan problem. It may be something simple like a loose wire. At least it happened under the 36000 mile mark. Please report the results after the Dealer visit. Really strange at 2900 miles!
Bob1

·
Registered
828 Posts
Check for mice. Had in mine fan area and they will eat through wires.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.............. Mice eating wires? Was that covered under warrantee?

I will definitely post back the results of the mysterious fan going out. I am taking it in for an early 3750 maintenance check and getting this fan thing checked out.

I am NOT car literate, so how would I know that it is a blown fuse?

·
Registered
828 Posts
I lucked out in my MO, no wire breaks. But is to show you what these little critters can get into.

In my truck they did chew through wires to get into the cab and it would not start. Almost had it towed. Then noticed bits of chewed fabric, and found they had chewed through two wires going to the ECU under the glovebox.

Coness said:
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.............. Mice eating wires? Was that covered under warrantee?

I will definitely post back the results of the mysterious fan going out. I am taking it in for an early 3750 maintenance check and getting this fan thing checked out.

I am NOT car literate, so how would I know that it is a blown fuse?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
dmako said:
In my truck they did chew through wires to get into the cab and it would not start. Almost had it towed. Then noticed bits of chewed fabric, and found they had chewed through two wires going to the ECU under the glovebox.
Too bad they were not live wires to electrecute the SoB..'s!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Coness,

Checking the fuses is a very simple job.

The fuses for the AC fans are located on the left-hand side down passed the steering wheel. There is a cover plate that is easily removed (just a clip type attachment) and on the back of the cover is a list that numbers and names the related services or piece of equipment the fuse protects.

These fuses should not need any type of multimeter to test them as you can see if they are blown; just a visual inspection.

However, if a fuse has blown it has drawn too much current and its best to get it seen to.
:)

·
Registered
301 Posts
That pic looks like a mass of dead mice and wires. I hope that's not the case. But what is in that mess?

Sorry to hear about the mice problem.... I have mice getting into my basement somehow, and then moving up into my attic. Luckily none in the house.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
mozman said:
That pic looks like a mass of dead mice and wires. I hope that's not the case. But what is in that mess?

Sorry to hear about the mice problem.... I have mice getting into my basement somehow, and then moving up into my attic. Luckily none in the house.
That is what I thought too but in another thread he explained that most of the stuff is chicken feather. No dead mice! :)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Not as bad as it looks (well it's relative). The mess is chicken feathers, we live out in the country and have chickens. The mice love to use feathers in their nest.

What gets me is I mentioned a bad smell to my dealer who just siad 'we didn't smell anything'. Well the mice also pee on the paper air filter. Can't wait to show them what they missed.

Oh well I have hardware cloth on my air intake, and now taped up holes I 'think' they used to get into the HVAC.

We'll see.

mozman said:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Good luck. But I'm not sure how well tape will keep the critters out. Around the house it's recommended to use steel wool, since mice cannot chew thru that. But I'm not real sure how you can apply that to the car's openings around the HVAC.
Maybe line the tape with steel wool....

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the car back. Apparently the fan motor mysteriously died, so the dealer had to order a new one from TN. I don't know how a brand new car has problems like this. Thank goodness I am still under warrantee. Hopefully this is not the start of a downward spiral:confused:

Anyhoot, I just thought that I would post back and let all of you know what the problem was.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts