Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Having an issue with my '04 Murano where the knob for adjusting the fan speed won't work and the AC button is stuck to 'on.' With the fan speed at level 1, I'm getting nothing but a cool stream of air in my face all the time. When the issue came about it was late summer here in Vegas, so I was happy to simply ignore it. But now that temperatures have dropped I'd like to be able to change over to heat. I checked all the fuses and think I'm good there. What I did as a workaround was simply remove the fuse for the fan from the interior fuse panel. Now nothing blows through the vents. Has anyone seen a post on this issue or had a similar experience and know what it could be?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So after all this time I just figured out that my AC & AV Switch Panel was simply unplugged. It's powered by a pin cable that plugs onto the circuit board on the back of the switch panel. You can only see it if you pull the panel & audio head unit from the bracket. When I finally did this I noticed it completely disconnected. It must've only been partially disconnected in my original post bc my radio still worked then. But at some point my radio cut out as well (switch fully disconnected).

Looking back, I had brought my car into the dealer in 2016 and paid $120 for a diagnostic to tell me what was wrong with the AC controls. The service dept told me I needed a new AC & AV Switch and quoted me $870 for the repair. Pretty sad I paid $120 and they didn't even check for power to the part in question. I was so disgusted at the cost that I drove my car with no AC, heat or radio for 3.5 years! Smh.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts