Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The "Color Theme" looks to be new to 2011 (page 4-16 of your Owners Manual) - not much info on it tho. Figure it out or have your dealer explain it to you and report back what you find.

Edit: BTW, Are you trying to change the color while moving? I wonder if this is another one of those options that you can only change while parked.
Thank you. I asked, and seems like the color theme is only available to the LCDs with navigation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Reset One Click Window Roll Up - After disconnecting the battery, I found that the One Click roll up was not working (although Roll Down was) from inside the car. I held the button in the full up position for about 15 seconds and they worked again.

Wipers Flip up - With the Gen 1 Muranos, you couldn't flip up the wipers off the windshield because the hood was in the way.

Base Audio Notes - In comparison to the 1st gen Murano, the Base Audio Speakers are the same for both the front and back doors, 6.5” round. A second noteworthy difference is the 2nd gen speakers are 2 ohms.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Instrument needles jump momentarily to the upper range when starting MO: this is normal and no need for concern (page 2-4)

I HATE this feature. :(

·
Registered
107 Posts
Don't like it? Turn it off!

Instrument needles jump momentarily to the upper range when starting MO: this is normal and no need for concern (page 2-4)

If you hate this feature then you must really love the fact you can turn it off. Check your Owner's Manual. It's easy to do.

I'm curious; why do you HATE it? I think it's kinda cool and certainly unique.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
If you hate this feature then you must really love the fact you can turn it off. Check your Owner's Manual. It's easy to do.

I give up. I've not seen anything in the Owner's Manual about turning this off. Give me a reference, or tell me how to do it.

I think it's annoying and makes me think the gauges are broken.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

:confused: " You can turn it off" .... "easy to do" ....

Turning off, must be a magical trick only the 2012's are capable of.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Here is a hint that was posted by a new forum goer. (LHD's first post) Rather then coming here and posting nonsensical posts, he reared his head here so to speak with this terrific hint. Thanks, LHD!

Here is a tip that will save everybody a lot of grief at the dealership and money !

the oil cooler seal is exactly the same size as the seal that comes on a new oil filter for your murano. Just remove the seal from a new filter / remove the threaded tube that the oil filter mounts on ! the size wrench will be 22mm ( do not remove the hoses as they circulate antifreeze not oil !!! move the housing away from the block and swap out the OEM orange seal with that of your oil filter seal . Place the housing back against the block ( its notched to fit against the block) and insert the threaded tube and tighten / replace oil filter and your done !! you will only lose about a 3/4 of a pint of oil and abou 18 minutes of your time and the cost will only be about $ 4.98 ( fram filter PH 6607 ) and the next time you change your oil just remove the seal from the old filter and pop it on to the new one .

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
MODerator Note:

BillArf is right on target. This particular thread is for the posting of FAQs and Quick Tips, not the critique of each.

Please limit your posts to contributions, not criticisms.

Non-contributory posts will be deleted.

-njjoe

·
Registered
107 Posts
Instructions for turning off guage effects

:confused: " You can turn it off" .... "easy to do" ....

Turning off, must be a magical trick only the 2012's are capable of.

Sorry that I wasn't specific enough. :(

On Pages 2-26 and 2-27 of the 2012 Owners Manual there are instructions for turning off the trip computer's "Effects" option. You can also set the Language and Units at this screen.

I checked the 2011, 2010, and 2009 manuals (download from Nissan's website). The instructions are on Pages 2-27, 2-24, and 2-24 respectively.

A check of the 2007 manual shows that there is no such feature in the first generation models (i.e., no dot matrix LCD trip computer).

Hope these details redeem me in some small fashion. :29:

Peace.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

A year or so ago I posted info at this forum in regard to re-setting the Trip Computer. Info on the Trip Computer is offered in the Owner's Manual, starting at page 2-24. Though I did not mention it on the forum, I did read and was aware "effects" could be toggled on or off.

Halwg, you lost me completely though when you said "Instrument needles jump momentarily to the upper range when starting"

Page 25 of the Owner's Manual:
-----------------------------------------------------------
DIAL EFFECTS
Select this menu to set the dial effects
described below to on or off.

The indicator needles sweep in the

meters and the ring illumination will be
brightened gradually when the engine is
started.
-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm wondering why the effects would bother someone... They are absolutely a non-issue to me. I truly like the effects! Oh well, we all have our likes and dislikes it seems.. At least now I know what the heck you were talking about when you said "Instrument needles jump momentarily to the upper range when starting"

To many owners, I'd say possibly most, the effects are considered cool, a nicety, etc.. I know I feel this about the effects in question.

Perhaps some older people, people resistant to change, people clinging the way their old vehicle was, people not into technology, people that don't appreciate effects like this, etc. would not want such effects. In my opinion the majority would want the effects or couldn't care less about the effects. Nissan obviously realized the effects may be a bit much for some so they made available to turn off the effect in question.

·
Registered
7 Posts
According to 11' MO owner's manual, USB flash specifications/requirements for folders and # of songs are:
Without SAT radio:
Folder levels
With navigation system: Folder levels: 8, Folders: 255 (including root folder), Files: 512 (Max. 255 files for one folder)​
Without navigation system: Folder levels: 8, Folders and files: 999 (Max. 255 files for one folder)​
Text character number limitation
With navigation system: 128 characters​
Without navigation system: 64 characters​
Displayable character codes
01: ASCII, 02: ISO-8859-1, 03: UNICODE (UTF-16 BOM Big Endian), 04: UNICODE (UTF-16 Non-BOM
Big Endian), 05: UNICODE (UTF-8), 06: UNICODE (Non-UTF-16 BOM Little Endian)​

With SAT radio:
Folder levels
With navigation system: Folder levels: 8, Folders: 512 (including root folder), Files: 5,000​
Without navigation system: Folder levels: 8, Folders and files: 999 (Max. 255 files for one folder)​
Text character number limitation
With navigation system: 100 characters​
Without navigation system: 64 characters​
Displayable character codes
01: ASCII, 02: ISO-8859-1, 03: UNICODE (UTF-16 BOM Big Endian), 04: UNICODE (UTF-16 Non-BOM Big
Endian), 05: UNICODE (UTF-8), 06: UNICODE (Non-UTF-16 BOM Little Endian), 07: SHIFT-JIS​

·
Registered
15 Posts
Usb

USB: The Bose stereo on '12 SL with Nav reads 4GB, 8GB, and 16GB thumb drives. I haven't tried anything larger.

I purchased a 12-inch USB extension cord so it's now much easier to insert/remove the thumb drive. But I think an 18-inch would have been a bit better, though.

If your mp3 music files contain album art then the head unit will display the artwork as you play the file, although the album art has to be embedded into each file. You can't just put a .jpg file in the album folder.

.mp4 and .wmf music files play just as well as mp3 although I could never get it to display the album art from those two. However, the other metadata (artist, album, track title) does display from all three formats. I would have preferred to go with the newer mp4 format... but seeing that album artwork displayed is a nice feature so I'm sticking with mp3.

After filling up my thumb drive with multiple folders and songs I couldn't figure out why the files/folders did not play in the correct order. I tried editing track names and track numbers but that had no effect. It turns out that songs play in the order of the folder/file creation date -- and there's no option to re-sort the files. It seems stupid for the stereo to ignore alphabetical order of folders and the track number of music files, but it's documented that way in the manual. So as you copy files to your thumb drive, make sure you copy them in the order in which you want them to play.

It took me quite a while to modify the creation date for each file/folder so they would play in the correct order.

·
Registered
15 Posts
waltoly ......

Just take your mp3 songs and copy and paste them to your folder(s). Don't worry about mp3 file names but do know long names can be cause a hiccup on occasion.

The system will play the first folder and then move on to the second folder and then to the third, etc. The manual alludes to this but also states the system will play the mp3's in the order as written by the software..
So with this in mind, do make sure you copy them in the order in which you want them to play.
BillArf,
I don't understand. You answered a question that wasn't asked and paraphrased the same thing I said above...

"songs play in the order of the folder/file creation date... So as you copy files to your thumb drive, make sure you copy them in the order in which you want them to play."

·
Registered
175 Posts
The needles sweep all the way on startup for the same reason that ALL the idiot lights turn on at startup. This is common on many cars, it is done to show the driver that all the bulbs are working, all the needles CAN move, nothing is stuck and everything is operational in the dash display.

That's all part of a "pre-flight check". Of course some drivers would rather there were no instruments at all, just a reminder chime when it was time to get gas. No big deal.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
About this Discussion
60 Replies
37 Participants
techgnostic
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing