Nissan Murano Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Sites hosted on Unix type systems tend to be case sensitive as their underlying file systems are typically case sensitive. The host name part of the URL is always case insensitive, it's the rest of the path that varies.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Great. thank you.

Any idea had to pull sections of CHG (doesnt load in any browser) & DLK (8.8mb & errors in file) ???

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey guys found this video on the nissan smart key

Some great tips, especially the fob key in door to roll up window

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, good work. Second Gen needs love too.

So all i have to add is:
The intelligent key will not allow you to lock your key in the car. It will beep vigorously. However if you want to lock one of the fobs in the car you can by using the second key to lock the door from the outside. This will deactivate the fob that is locked in the car temporarily. (This is good for when the wife wants to leave her purse in the car and her fob is in her purse...)

PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interesting tips, I already printed some of them to try on my French Murano.

With all my previous Chrysler/Dodge, opening the car with the fob, was turning on the lights.
The also remained on, 30s after locking the car.
Useful for both cases in the night...

Is this kind of option available through a tip?

·
Registered
10 Posts
windows rolling down overnight

it started one day, just riding down the road, the passenger window ,would just roll up on its own, and would not roll back down, all other windows ok. if you put key fob in and push start button 2 times, foot not on brake pedal, you can roll it down and push the window lock, it would stay down, if you took off window lock, it would roll up on its own. the last two mornings both front windows would be rolled all the way down. also horn does not blow when you set alarm. my bank 1 cat convertor is bad I have new one. I'm an auto tech over 28 years, is there a site etc that will show me , the proper procedure to pull sub frame out. e-mails are welcome. [email protected]. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
windows rollig down overnight by themselves

it started one day, just riding down the road, the passenger window ,would just roll up on its own, and would not roll back down, all other windows ok. if you put key fob in and push start button 2 times, foot not on brake pedal, you can roll it down and push the window lock, it would stay down, if you took off window lock, it would roll up on its own. the last two mornings both front windows would be rolled all the way down. also horn does not blow when you set alarm. my bank 1 cat convertor is bad I have new one. I'm an auto tech over 28 years, is there a site etc that will show me , the proper procedure to pull sub frame out. e-mails are welcome. [email protected]. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
bank 1 cat replace

2009 Muranos s awd ,I have a code to replace my bank 1 cat converter, rear one coming off back of motor , is it necessary to lower or remove sub frame to replace it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay I have an AUX question. I was super excited about having an aux jack in my new car (mind you, I've never owned a vehicle newer than a 97 until my Murano) HOWEVER, I soon learned that the auxiliary port is not for my phone, but rather for the use of a portable dvd player. If I had an iPhone, this wouldn't be a problem as I could use an iPhone as an iPod. But are there any cables that have the red,yellow,white into a headphone jack sized thingy so I can plug in my phone, OR can I use just one of the 3 ports...or do I just forget it and listen to my xm and/or cds?

·
Registered
5 Posts
It depends, Are you trying to listen to music, watch a video or trying to have phone conversation?

Your iPhone can be connected via Bluetooth for phone conversation as well as audio steaming (if equipped with NAV), you can use USB to charge your phone as well as listen to music stored on the phone, phone conversation over USB is not supported. The aux can be used for videos and audio using devices support RCA connections.

If your phone doesn't support USB the you can simply get stereo cable, i.e. Headphone jack to banana plugs, you would only need two for music. For video playback you need supported cable. Try using the cable on your tv if you can watch video played from phone on tv it will work in murano as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am wondering if anyone uses the video/cinema option with the RCA cable. I don't think there are many devices that will support this and even if they do... why would you use this? Maybe I am missing something here?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I used to use it because the 2009 model does not stream music over Bluetooth. Video, not so much anymore. One of my old Galaxy phones had analog video and audio out of the headphone jack.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What kind of cable would you use in that case? AUX in the phone and RCA (red/yellow) in the car? Does an AUX cable like that exist and can it show video?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you repost CHG and DLK? There seems to be an error and I can't download these two. Everything else works great. Thanks. For 2009 =<

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
About this Discussion
60 Replies
37 Participants
techgnostic
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing