Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which GPS Unit is your Favorite? If there is particular model number we left out, please let us know the model and why you like it better than any we have listed. Thank you!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Just got our first ever GPS Navigation unit, a Garmin Streetpilot c550. Only know some of those on the poll from reading reviews when choosing the one I wanted.

The c550 has two speakers, a stout mounting system, text-to-speech with a choice of about 10 different voices/languages, bright screen, free updates, etc. It does identify some of the roads around here with an old, no longer used name but overall, it's an exceptional device.

Dan

·
V.I.P Member
149 Posts
I just got a Magellan 2200t (Magellan replaced my 760) , I love it so far. I had the Magellan 700 & 760 before that, they were a worthless piece of trash (did not work). The new SirfstarIII chip set in the 2200t makes all the difference in the world!

·
Registered
145 Posts
The c550 has my vote too ... it has a few extra features over the c530 like actually speaking the street names (a VERY nice feature) and bluetooth compatibility.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
I voted c330, since I have the c320 (basically the same, but without hard drive). But that's only because I haven't seen the newer ones. Bought mine before the nuvi's or c500 series came out.

The c330 and c320 were essentially the first of the Garmin "battery" line. I would assume the newer ones are better, but I had to vote for what I knew.

If my c320 dies, I'll look at the 500's or the Nuvi's, but really wouldn't have any problems replacing it with another c320.

·
Registered
8 Posts
thanks for posting i want to get a gps for my wife for her bday at the end of aug. just got the murano so shell lke it thanks for the tips

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
You brought back to life a thread that had been dead for two years. Many changes have occurred since, including the prices. If you ask me, go for one with just the basic Gps functions. I recently bought a refurbished Magellen for $55 from Amazon. It does not have blue tooth or MP3 player but who cares? I actually bought three and gifted two of them!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
You brought back to life a thread that had been dead for two years. Many changes have occurred since, including the prices.I recently bought a refurbished Magellen for $55 from Amazon. It does not have blue tooth or MP3 player but who cares? I actually bought three and gifted two of them!
Years ago after experiencing the Hertz Neverlost in a rental car, I purchased a Magellan 750M (plus!) GPS system. It came in a laptop sized case with an external 3 inch display, the weight was about 9 pounds. It had over 1,000,000 points of interest! It didn't have Blu-tooth or an MP3 player either!

It cost $1,600!

I've been through several units since then, all of them have been Magellans. My latest has 68 bazilion points of interest, blu-tooth, MP3 player, I can carry it in my pocket and it has a 4 inch high def display.

It cost about $120.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You brought back to life a thread that had been dead for two years. Many changes have occurred since, including the prices. If you ask me, go for one with just the basic Gps functions. I recently bought a refurbished Magellen for $55 from Amazon. It does not have blue tooth or MP3 player but who cares? I actually bought three and gifted two of them!

wow i should really look at the date the last reply was
but thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,772 Posts
My favorite is my phone - an HTC Hero. The only dedicated GPS I've ever used is a TomTom OneS...no other experience.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts