Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok as lame as this might sound I am getting fed up with someone in my neighborhood stealing my Support Our Troop Ribbons. I am looking to see if anyone knows of how I can add some kind of wireless camera in my car, perferrably self powered and is activated on movement. So far with all my searches I have yet to find anything that doesn't require wiring or is too big. I want something small that I can mount close to rear or side windows that can save the picture on flash memory. Anybody have any ideas? I would love to catch the punk that can't respect someone elses property.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Close, but this is sending to a source. It would be cool if it had its own internal memory. I've thought about making it more difficult but haven't thought of a way to do it without harming my Mo. Thanks for the idea though

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
It would probably be cheaper to get an aftermarket alarm with perimeter sensors than to rig up an elaborate camera setup.

I have one of those yellow ribbons, but after about 2 months, it has faded completely to white!

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
I thought you might want to connected it to you home VCR and set it for the recording overnight. Usually you can fit 6 hours on the regular tape.

·
Registered
193 Posts
simplesb, This should fit all your requirements - wireless, self-powered, motion-detection and using flash memory card for recording but the website is in Singapore. Not sure if they do overseas business.
http://www.eurekaplus.com/spycam-clock.html

Edit: oops! not self-powered but you should be able to plug that into the 12volt socket in your MO.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
That would be nice if the power socket of the Murano stayed on when the car is turned off. :3:

·
4,601 Posts
It would probably be cheaper to just buy a lot of ribbons....

Oh, and buy some epoxy. But just use the resin part and put it on the ribbon. That stuff is so sticky and tacky, doing that a couple of times will make him want to avoid touching it.

It's like the old vaseline on the door knob trick...

·
Registered
278 Posts
I got an e-mail from Sharper image yesterday. It's a clock, motion-activated camera. Runs on batteries.

Sharper Image

Also, check out SpyCameras.com

·
Registered
485 Posts
Go to your local electronic parts surplus store. Find a power supply for a .5mw laser, which kicks out several thousand volts at an extremely low amperage (amperage is what kills, but all those volts HURT, I've accidentally done it when a kid playing around with such things). Wire it up to the body of your Mo. Oh, and don't forget to unplug it when you get in your car in the morning :D

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm sure it will be cheaper and easier to have it installed in your house. But how much are you willing to invest to protect a $2 magnet?

·
Registered
128 Posts
It is illegal to booby trap your car.

I had this argument before w/regards to booby trapping a stereo so it woldnt get stolen. It was proven by an attorney (who posted statutes and cites) that it was illegal, even here in Texas. If you want to sit up with a shotgun, and catch them in the act you can shoot them, but you cant booby trap it.

They figure a persons life and well being is worth more than a stereo or some ribbons.

Why is he stealing the ribbons? I am heavily anti-Iraq war but I like the ribbons, its important to support our troops...

·
Registered
281 Posts
How about double sided tape and mount on inside of window.

·
Registered
485 Posts
IANAL, but why would it be illegal to boobytrap your car if it's with something that causes no damage or bodily harm?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
MightyMo said:
IANAL, but why would it be illegal to boobytrap your car if it's with something that causes no damage or bodily harm?
Legal or not, don't do it. The thing is you don't want to p%$$ people off when they are ripping you off. On another forum this guy who got tired of his stereo being stolen boobytrapped the wiring by installing some razer blades. Well the thief got cut and then got mad and throw a bicycle rack through the windsheild and smashed all other glasses before running away. Didn't get the stereo though!

·
5,244 Posts
Cryogenix said:
Would it be considered boobytrapping to allow a hungry alligator to sleep under your MO at night? :)
Even better - get a SALTY!!!! (yes, I did take this photo...)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Now you've done it. My Murano wants a trunk monkey.

:p

1 - 20 of 36 Posts