Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 Bordeaux MO is at the dealership right now getting its first oil change. In addition to the oil change, I told them about some other issues that I'm having:

13 MPG when not driving over 2k RPM's(Started happening after tranny replacement)

Scraping sound from one of the drivers side wheels. (Sounds like metal scraping metal, and the rate of the noise increases as the car moves faster)

So far, the tech can't find anything wrong with the car, nor can he recreate these problems.

The guy at the dealership told me that the MPG display could be inaccurate.

Has anyone had similar problems so that the problem can be diagnosed?

·
Registered
443 Posts
They should have some microphones that they put in various places on the car when they test drive it trying to reproduce the noise. Try to go WITH the technician when they test drive your car to find the noise so you can point it out.

If you're still dissatisfied 1(800) NISSAN1

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im going to the dealership at 12:30 to take a ride with the tech.

Hopefully the noise will decide to become active and they can fix it because Im not taking the car home untill its fixed.

Dealership employees are ****faces...I hope I can control myself and don't end up yelling at someone.

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ROFL

Just got back from the dealer. They tried to give me the run around.

What they told me was that the transmission sensor is a "new part" and it "shifts harder" so I am going to get 13 MPG, and theres nothing they can do. I also heard a lot of Uhh's and Umm's, etc.

When they said this I almost died laughing. What a blatant lie.

They told me it was "all ready to go" - The oil had been changed.

I told them Im not accepting a car that gets 13 MPG when it should get 20...so I just left it there.

As for the other problem (scraping) I couldnt recreate the noise.

I'll be calling Nissan.

·
Registered
443 Posts
"It's all ready to go" Man, I've heard THAT BS before... you take the car in for service (basically a glorified oil change), list a bunch of problems that need to be addressed and then get a call a few hours later "It's all ready to go" In other words, they drained the oil, changed the filter and added new oil without really looking at any of the other problems you had. LOL.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
13 MPG is on the low end, but its not unexpected if you do a lot of city driving. If you drive on the highway and it doesn't improve, then that is a problem. As for the MPG display, you should be calculating your own mileage anyways since the display I have found reports a lower number than actual.

The scraping noise could be a bad wheel bearing, or the brake wear indicators.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts