Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that some people have had the Toyo's installed, I was wondering if I can ask some questions.

Do you still like them and are they better than the GY's?

How are they in the snow (vs. GY)?

How about noise?

Do you have the TPM and if so, any issues with tire pressure, installation, etc?

Best price?

Thanks much

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
I used them for about 30,000 km so far. I like them a lot better than the GYs.

- I'm going to get better life out of them
- they aren't quite as good as the GYs in the snow, but not that bad
- they are noisier, but they're worth it
- no problems with the TPM

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
"they aren't quite as good as the GYs in the snow, but not that bad"

IMHO: GY are terrible in the snow. Proxes was never touted as a snow tire, wide, closed tread, etc.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Well I drive within the limits of the vehicle, especially the tires in the winter. Obviously, out of the three tires I've had on the vehicle, they would be ordered from best to worst in snow:

1. Grandtrek SJ5 BSW (snow tire)
2. Goodyear Eagle LS (all season)
3. Toyo Proxes S/T (all season performance)

He wanted a relative answer, so that's what I gave.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I live in the snow belt and very close to the mountains where I go skiing. I have never had any problems with my GDY LS as long as you drive to the conditions at the time. My GDY tires are at 780000 KMs and I will replace them this spring either with RIK or GDY new Fortera triple tread tires. I have had a set on my Jetta since last September and they perform as advertise.:29: :29:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Proxe's

Had them on for about 15K and love them.
Can't tell much about snow tho, but our hill is very steep and in medium snowfall the MO goes rite up it in 4WD.
Handles well and with 38lb's in them, it gets just about as good a mileage as GY's.
:) Darrell.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Wow. Just had the Proxes S/Ts put back on from the GrandTrek SJ5 BSWs. The Proxes S/Ts are a lot noisier than the winter tires! That surprised me.

·
5,244 Posts
So,

Yokohamas - off the list
Proxes - off the list
Michelin CT's - off the list

All noisy..............

What left?

GDY LS???
Bridgestone Potenza???
Bridgestone Alenza - nope, as it is SUV tire..

Decision time will be in June.........not much time.......odds favorite GDY LS.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
if you ARE NOT going to be doing any winter driving i highly suggest getting the bridgestone dueler HP SPORT. 265/60/18 and they are an suv tire but soo much more comfortable and sporty than the goodyears. we just got back from a trip with them and they are amazing!!!

·
5,244 Posts
Nissanlove

I live in Atlanta and on average we get 1 inch of snow every 5 years! So much for winter driving….

What I am looking for is a tire that provides nice, quiet ride, handles well in dry and wet. Longevity – if I get 35k miles out of a good tire I am happy.

Tell me more about the Bridgestone dueler HP SPORT. Maybe this is a viable option….

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
well kris, it is an suv/truck tire but it dosn't ride harsh like you may expect. we have mainly asphalt roads here in alberta and they fill in crack with a rubberized tar mixture. i noticed that driving over these cracks you could feel them way more with the goodyears than the dueler sports. road noise is slightly less than the goodyears and they make the murano handle like it's on rails. we had a substantial amount of rain on the ride home yesterday and there was not the least bit of hydro plaining due to the fact that the duelers have quite deep water groves for excellent water dispersion. the tread pattern looks quite appealing also, almost race car tireish. i think you'll get substantial treadlife out of them also. for pictures check them out here.

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6679

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Per Tirerack, the bridgestone dueler HP SPORT. 265/60/18 have a diam. of 31.4 inches.

Too big, the standard GY's on a MO are 30 inches.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i don't really see any diff. in speed and the sidewalls don't look much bigger.

·
5,244 Posts
dmako said:
Per Tirerack, the bridgestone dueler HP SPORT. 265/60/18 have a diam. of 31.4 inches.

Too big, the standard GY's on a MO are 30 inches.
As per tire calculator there should be only 0.5 inch difference...

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Kris said:

As per tire calculator there should be only 0.5 inch difference...
The recommended inflation also makes a difference in tire diameter. Probably not a full inch, but i'd say half an inch easy.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i'll measure them later today and report back. they inflated to 33 psi and ride like a dream

1 - 16 of 16 Posts