Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a problem filling up their tank?

Have had the Mo for about 1 1/2 months now.. Filled up a handfull of times and always have a problem.
The problem occurs when I hold the trigger down all the way. It will go for a little while, but then the nozzle will shut off like when the tank is full. I tried turning the nozzle to different angles, but always does this..
To make it work properly, I need to hold down the trigger down between 1/2 and 3/4 ways.
I'm wondering if it has something to do with the shape of the tank, and when filling at full-blast, it hits the sides to much, causing the nozzle to think the tank is full..

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
raycie-

More likely than not, it is a problem with the gas station's nozzle and not your MO. Try a different station and see if that makes a difference.

-njjoe

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty much has happened at all of the 4-5 stations I have used.. Don't tell me I'm the only one with this problem..

·
Registered
286 Posts
yes it has happen to me also and I ask the gas station guy who was dumping the trash , hey whats wrong with this? oh he said oh you you have to pull the nozzle out a bit must be the shape of the tank pipe and sometimes the sensor of the nozzle is too sensitive and when fueling splash fuel back hitting the sensor making the fuel pump think is full, but thats just happen in about 3 different gas statios, I quit goin on those 3.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bad Sender unit.

I had the same problem, Nissan replaced the Sender unit, no problem ever again since then, ask your dealer, you might have the same problem, before the repair the needle would not go past 3/4 of a tank.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I only ran into this problem once. It was at a ghetto gas station in some rinky dink town in Iowa. The pump didn't even have a credit card machine. Needless to say I pumped 55 cents worth of gas and had to run inside to pay for it. I immediately went to another gas station where I continued to pump until my tank was full.

I am never going to even attempt to pump at older gas stations anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts