Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I bought a 2004 Murano toward the end of July this year. About 2-3 weeks after purchasing the car, a rattle started from behind the glove box. After removing the glove box compartment cover and driving around, it became evident that the rattle was coming from _inside_ the white plastic filter and (other object?) assembly. I've now had the car into the dealership 4 times for this problem without the issue being taken care of. Has anyone here had a similar problem? How did you get it fixed? I plan on calling the dealership tomorrow to insist on getting the part replaced.

Regards,
Doug

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Thats the cabin microfilter assembly by the blower motor. They can use the stethescopes to localize the noise and hopefully the dealer will find the offending problem - maybe a loose filter or a noisy fan motor. Or a pebble in the motor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply --

They've already made sure that the filter is in place correctly. I'm thinking something along the lines of your second or third suggestion is what the problem actually is. Four successive trips have resulted in more and more dampening material being placed around the filter/blower assembly. I love the way this car drives but this rattle is driving me insane during my commute each day -- the radio won't even mask it. I've been friendly with the service department so far -- I'm sure this isn't an easy problem to find or fix -- but I think I've made it very clear that they've got one more chance to fix the problem before I get really upset. I believe that the lemon laws here in Virginia state that the dealership gets 3 tries to rectify a problem that degrades the usability or market value of a vehicle. Thanks for letting me vent!

Regards ....

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I think at this point the dealer should replace the entire blower/microfilter assembly.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I had the exact same issue with my filter box....It took about 5 times for the dealer to fix it, but it finally OK...They took the entire box out, disassembled it...Place foam tape on all contact points and reassembled...It worked!! Noise free for about 6 months...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts