Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am about to buy a PAC Audio Aux input for the Mo so that I can use the line in with my iPod. I wanted to know if any of you have this done and, more importantly, can you upload pics of how you have the ipod seated/mounted. Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I have an iriver (similar to ipod) and I just stick it in the compartment next to the cupholder. It fits perfectly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's cool. I am just trying to get ideas of where people have their mp3 players. I'd like to route both power and the line in cable somewhere so it is hidden. That's why I wanted to know if people have pictures of what they've done.

·
4,664 Posts
Hmmm... I guess I should figure out a mount for my iPaq...

It's so cool that I can play mp3's and have the audio level set on the navigation system, that it automatically drops the music level for the navigation commands...

But hanging around on the console, isn't the best place for it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed. I would like to avoid having the iPod mounted anywhere around the center console but the cupholder stand is one of the most viable options... I think. Obviously, the goal is to position the iPod within good reach, with the LCD clearly visible, not blocking anything vital, and minimizing any cable exposure.

I already ordered a PAC Audio unit from an ebay seller (link found on a previous post). I just need some creative lubricant in how to best set the iPod.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
758 Posts
IPOD Mount

Could the Ipod be mounted inside the console using Velcro. That way you could run the cable out underneath or alongside the Console to the Interface. Not sure if the IPOD comes with a 12V car kit, but if so it would be conveniant to plug into 12V in console.

·
Registered
746 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SIM said:
Look here. They have all the mounts necessary for the MO depending on where you want it and it is a perfect fit. I'll post pictures soon.

http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboardmounts/dashboardmounts.aspx
SIM,

Pix would be awesome. The more I think about it, the more I am of the opinion that this is the most viable option to get the iPod mounted properly. Thanks for the link!

·
4,664 Posts
The proclip is great, but I'm not really impressed with what they did with the Murano...

My wife's Taurus has one, and it works great!

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
IPOD Mount

Nine20eight - I just bought a mount for my PDA from SEIDIO and I noticed that they also had IPOD mounts. If the Proclip mounts don't work out for you check out SEIDIO.

Seidio Ipod Mount

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jaak said:
The proclip is great, but I'm not really impressed with what they did with the Murano...

My wife's Taurus has one, and it works great!
jaak,

What don't you like about the proclip for the Mo? I just ordered the set yesterday but it is backordered. It seems like the most straight forward solution coupled with the PAC Audio input.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I don't like anything I have seen yet, anybody got a really good looking ipod mount?

·
4,664 Posts
nine20eight said:

jaak,

What don't you like about the proclip for the Mo? I just ordered the set yesterday but it is backordered. It seems like the most straight forward solution coupled with the PAC Audio input.
I love the clips, they work great, but I don't like how much of the mount shows up on the Murano.

I've been thinking of buying a clip and making a mount, like I did for my Cell phone kit. One that tucks in behind the radio face, so it's not so visible.

As far as the quality of the product, it's quite good from what I've seen so far...

·
5,100 Posts
Still working on puting the PAC in the rear. I also am hooking up my Raody2 XM sat receiver, the Pressure Pro tire pressure monitor, the laser back up monitor and finishing the nav system installation. WOW!!!

Regarding the Ipod mounting look at the Akron Flexable gooseneck.
I have maid my own mounting that combines the Belkin G3 mount and its power supply modified to bypass it's amp and route a line out to the PAC.

Will post pictures as soon as it all complete. The Ipod ends up floating about 2-3 inches above the cup holders but toward the drivers side to clear the water bottles we all love so much down here. It really makes using the IPOD easy, my arm rests on the center arm rest and fingers touch the spin wheel.

The Roady uses the included Roady mount located on center just ajacent to the cell phone holder and in front of the gear selector.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The ProClip is great

Just received and installed my ProClip and iPod mini mount. It fits VERY snugly and securely. It doesn't look too bad and works exactly as I'd hoped. I've only had it for a few hours, but I'm already thinking I may paint it. I'm going to drive around a bit then see if I want to spray it silver or something.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: The ProClip is great

GravityArc said:
Just received and installed my ProClip and iPod mini mount. It fits VERY snugly and securely. It doesn't look too bad and works exactly as I'd hoped. I've only had it for a few hours, but I'm already thinking I may paint it. I'm going to drive around a bit then see if I want to spray it silver or something.
Gravity,

I got my Proclip for the 3G iPod in this past Friday and installed it on Sunday. I think it is great, as well. I have it mounted on the right side of the console. It is easily within arm's reach and it is angled in a perfect way so that I can just glance over to see the display.

As for painting it, not a bad idea. I may look into that. But, I do recommend it and will post pictures soon. Still waiting for my digicam to be returned from the service dept.

·
5,100 Posts
Heres Mine.

Attachments

·
5,100 Posts
Side View

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts