Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am typing this on my chiclet keyboard (Laptop).
I am in Tifton GA and will be in my own home tomorrow night.

Let's pretend that I did not drive the final hour on april 20 in Houston.
Given that parameter, my love affair with the Murano is in Full bloom.
What a car!
Cruises EASILY at 80 MPH and gets 22 MPG at that speed.
It is quiet. Comfortable. Powerful. Smooooooth.
This is one great touring automobile.
The last leg of the trip tomorrow will be a dream.
I almost wish the trip wasn't over.
From Ft Myers. To Tallahassee. To Baton Rouge. To San Antonio. To Dallas. To Tulsa. To Branson. To Pigeon Forge. To Tifton. And finally to Ft Myers.

But I did drive the final hour in Houston on April 20.
On I-10. Under construction. Bumper to bumper. With NO shoulders. For 20 miles.
With a car that would not accelerate. And then it would grab and lurch forward, almost running over the guy in front of me. Then I would hard brake and repeat the process. Over and over.
Transmission?
Transmission control?
Throttle?
We will never know as the Nissan dealer in Houston could not find a problem.

Both parts of my Love/hate relationship with my Murano live on.
It's a real shame.
It coulda been a contender............

Homer

·
5,244 Posts
Homer,

I am glad your trip has gone well. As to Houston travel - did you try to switch the engine off and restart it again? Something similar happen to me 12 months ago driving from Indiana. All has been fixed by simply switching angine off and restaring it again. Never to happen again.

Hope you get home safely and without any more problems.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
" am glad your trip has gone well. As to Houston travel - did you try to switch the engine off and restart it again?"

Couldn't do that.
The traffic never stopped and there were no shoulders to pull off on.

They might not have been happy with me as I lurched along, but they would have been more upset if I had just stopped in the roadway. I would not reco that to anyone as you can never be sure that the car will restart.

Lurched into the Marriott and the next AM, all was well.
As a matter of fact, when we went to dinner all was well. So perhaps a "reboot" would have worked.
However, I don't neccessarily consider that a "good thing".

Overall, I believe that the Murano is the finest road car I have ever owned. It was a marvelously comfortable trip.

I did carry the title with me and If I had been treated as badly as some, at the Houston Murano dealer, I would have sold it in a new york minute.
But the dealer was great and bent over backwards to check it out and get us on the road by 10Am.
I wrote a letter to NNA about the dealer (David McDavid).

I am afraid that such will be the life of the Murano.
I believe that the likliehood is that I will keep the car for many years (Well until the extended warranty on the CVT is close to expiration anyway....).
And if we make it that far I will remember it as a good or great car........ that I never quite trusted.
The issue is still Nissan, not the car.

Homer

·
5,244 Posts
Homer,

I could not agree more. This is one of the finest, no the finest car I have owned. And the one that had the most "issues"! Small though still problems. I hope that Nissan will step up and will rectify the "quirks".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts