Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got these stats on the Murano straight from Nissan.

Horsepower: [email protected] rpm

Torque: 246 [email protected] rpm

Wheelbase: 111.2 inches

Overall length: 187.6 inches

Overall width: 74 inches

Overall height (with out roof-
rack): 66.5 inches

Front/rear head room (with-
out sunroof): 40.7/ 39.7 inches

Front/rear shoulder room: 59.6/
59.1 inches

Front/rear hip room: 56.2/56.6 inches

Front/rear leg room: 43.3/ 36.1 inches

Interior passenger volume (without
sunroof): 109.9 cubic feet

Cargo capacity, rear seat down: 81.6 cubic feet

Cargo capacity, rear seats up: 32.6 cubic feet

Fuel tank capacity: 21.7 gallons

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New stats.

Based on these numbers, when compared to the current pathfinder, the Murano has; More Horsepower (245 vs 240), Less torque 246 vs 265), wider wheelbase (111.2 vs 106.3), it is longer (187.6 vs 182.7), It is wider (74 vs 71.7), Shorter at (66.5 vs 70.9), More front/rear head room (40.7/39.7 vs 39/37), More front/rear shoulder room (59.6/59.1 vs 56.6/56.4), more front/rear hip room (56.2/56.6 vs 54.1/51.5), more front/ rear leg room (43.3/36.1 vs 41.7/31.8 ), less cargo capacity, rear seats down/seats up (81.6/32.6 vs 85/38 ), and a little more fuel capacity (21.7 vs 21.1).

It will be available with a sunroof, and although they have not yet determined exact pricing, they expect it to start around $30,000.

G

·
0 Posts
When will pricing be announced?

Just wondered if anyone has a good idea when Murano pricing/packages may be announced. This stealth approach is annoying...

Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Re: When will pricing be announced?

I just traded my 99.5 pathfinder for a new Murano. The price that we used for the Sr purchase is 47,000 Cdn. The dealer estimated the date of arrival is Nov. 17th. I can't wait.

G

·
0 Posts
Thanks for sharing, maximus!
It looks like cargo capacity has increased, somewhat?
maximus said:
I just got these stats on the Murano straight from Nissan.

Horsepower: [email protected] rpm

Torque: 246 [email protected] rpm

Wheelbase: 111.2 inches

Overall length: 187.6 inches

Overall width: 74 inches

Overall height (with out roof-
rack): 66.5 inches

Front/rear head room (with-
out sunroof): 40.7/ 39.7 inches

Front/rear shoulder room: 59.6/
59.1 inches

Front/rear hip room: 56.2/56.6 inches

Front/rear leg room: 43.3/ 36.1 inches

Interior passenger volume (without
sunroof): 109.9 cubic feet

Cargo capacity, rear seat down: 81.6 cubic feet

Cargo capacity, rear seats up: 32.6 cubic feet

Fuel tank capacity: 21.7 gallons

·
Registered
12 Posts
Murano Specs

Seems the more info I get the more I want! Interior size looks good. Rear leg room not unusual (Envoy) but maybe 43+ in front can allow for more?
HP/torque less than I wanted (new Volvo 268/280) but I could live with it.
Wonder what the turning circle is? Overall the Murano seems very competitive with the Pilot (MDX), RX300, Volvo XC90, BMW, Highlander .... handling, brakes, interior sound, mileage???? If I could add Nav, side curtain airbags and a different interior to the Highlander it would be a close match. The way the Murano looks and feels "in person" will probably make me buy it. Otherwise I may end up spending more $$$$$$ on a Volvo or BMW.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Woah...Nov. 17th delivery???

Like everyone else I've seen posting...I have been INCREDIBLY frustrated with lack of info from the dealers and from nissan on the Murano.

I've had two Jeep Grand Cherokees, wanted something different, and the Murano seems to fit thebill...

but my lease is ending in Nov.- I can extend it, but keep trying to figure when the vehicles are really coming to showroom. One of my local dealers said Dec. 10th (Philadelphia area), while some other mo said 2-4 months...

where is the person who said Nov. 17th- what part of country...?

Can't wait to test drive one of these...they look great and the stats seem pretty cool...

Ron :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mythical Murano

One thing is clear, those of us who have accidentally fallen over the mysterious Nissan Murano have been impressed with what we have been able to dig up. However, Nissan's inability to provide substantial concrete information on this vehicle has been extremely frustrating, especially in this age of instant information where we, the consumer, expect more.

I was told that the North American sales force will start sales training later this month. I was also told in an email from NNA on Friday 10/11/02 that, “Nissan has not completed production of the first shipment of the Murano” Which would lead me to believe that a Mid-November delivery sounds like a pipe dream. Mid-January seems more realistic, but who knows? You would think that if it were as good as it seems, Nissan would be telling everyone about it and more people, who are buying other SUV’s every day, might wait for it.

I don’t know about the rest of you but I’m not holding my breath. I’ll believe it’s real when I see it in the dealership lot.

Max

·
Registered
12 Posts
Finally some info on the Murano!

Great to get the info from Maximus. Every little bit helps but I need more.
Wonder why I signed up with Nissan to get info when the only place that it is available is on the internet? Please Nissan release all the stats and costs!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sales force gets to drive it.

Nissan's sales force is finally getting some seat time. I read a first report on Freshalloy.com which reported that the Murano lives up to it's expectations. They matched it to the Honda Pilot and the Toyota Highlander, and apparently, it isn't even in the same class. It blew them away with handling, speed, and interior features. The grill is the only weak point. I agree, that's the first thing that will go on mine.

Anyway, information is starting to trickle down and I for one, am encouraged with what I've heard. Still no definitive word on pricing, but this new information is enough to make me wait a little longer.

Max

·
Registered
13 Posts
I spoke to two dealers in my neck of the woods (Orlando and Tampa Florida) and they have also just finished their training with seat time in the Murano.

The Orlando saleman reported an arrivial date of December 5th and a starting price of $28,220. The Tampa guy was really pumped after just driving it the day before. He reported arrivial late in November with a starting price $26,000 (typical salesman B.S. most likely). But he drove several units in the St Pete area against the Highlander and Pilot. And as others have reported, it blew the doors off both vehicles.

The colors he has seen inclued a "Bordeaux" wine color, blue, black, and of couse the silver, burnt orange everyone has seen. He also confirmed the availability of a moonroof option and no print info yet at dealer sites.

On the delayed arrival, the Tampa sales guy reported that they are just now starting production in Japan. That seems pretty late to predict arrivals stateside by early December. This could be additional Salesman B.S. or just misinformation.

Later

·
Registered
1 Posts
canadian info

This is some of the info I got from my dealer. I'm leaving out what has already been posted. She is predicting a mid Nov. release. Only the AWD will be available with the price being 41-42K for the SL and 49K for the SE. They are predicting 10% base sl with 35% having the sunroof. The Se will make up 55% with 30% the standard se and 25% will have the navigation package.

What is included in the SL will be
block heater
3500lb towing capacity
brake assist feature, ABS, 4 wheel vented disc brakes
gated shifter
18" 5spoke alloy rims with p245/R18 all season tires.
mudguards f+R
Fog lights
privacy glass
roof rails, cross bars dealer accessory.
F + R intermittant wipers
rear spoiler
dual chrome tipped exhaust
leather wrapped steering wheel
cruise
heated cloth seats F
8 way power driver seat
reclining rear seat
Automatic climate control with dual zone, microfilter AC
High mounted rear seat heating cooling vents
power door locks, windows, mirrors,
power adjustable pedals,
auto up and down windows driver and passenger
heated side mirrors
retained accessory powr
remote keyless entry,
immobilizer key feature, anti theft system
5.8" LCD monitor
electronic compass in rearview mirror
Homelink system in mirror
trip computer in central display
am/fm high out put, 7 speaker bose powered audio system (250 watts)
6 disc in dash cd changer with controls on steering wheel, speed sensitive audio controls
dual cup holders f + r
Dual airbags f and side impact f
Curtain side airbags f + r
active head restraint
front seatbelt pretensioners with load limiters
dual illuminated vanity mirrors
auto dimming rear view mirror
auto on off headlights
low washer fluid fuel warning lights

The SE , and the IS SL + S/R package Plus:
sport tuned suspension
traction control system
vehicle dynamic control system
HID headlights with manual levelizer
silver coloured lower bumper inser f + r
sport alloy whells 6 spoke
leather heated seats
memory features on drivers seat and pedals
4 way power passenger seat
tire pressure monitor system

Navi package includes
DVD navi system gps based
7" colour monitor
Canada and US DVD map data for major urban areas
Vehicle maintenance information

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We are getting closer.

Brian, Thanks for the info. I assume your numbers are in Canadian Dollars. That would mean I could have a nicely equiped model for around $30,000 US. That works for me. However, I still don't think they will be in showrooms before January. Nissan's marketing people must be in hibernation. At this point I'm just tired of waiting for every little piece of new info. Let me know when it gets here.

Max

·
Registered
12 Posts
Information for the Dealers

Great to get anything since Nissan doesn't seem to want anyone to know about the Murano. Seems to be well equipped. I wonder if it will sell? On paper I like it better than the Pilot, MDX, Highlander, Volvo X90 and the BMW. Unfortunately on a consumer interest scale it ranks "way below" all of these. I think consumers buy SUV's!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts