Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2003 with Nav. When driving how can you find out how far a town or destination is. When I push the Toggle button it wants to mark it .... I had a Lexus with Nav and you just had to put the cursor on the point and it showed the distance to it .. Help! . Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone with a NAV out there? Ever wonder have far the next town is when you are a trip? Does anyone know how to find out? thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm not aware of this feature being available automatically, but you can create a Waypoint for the city you want to know the distance to and find out that way...

·
Registered
389 Posts
I don't know if that's possible... but I haven't tried and investigated it, so I can't be sure. I just know the miles to destination and/or if I'm curious about a distance, I'll use the "Route Info" option and review the "Route List" to see how far I am from a waypoint that the computer selected.

Bob

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
It's a PITA, but...

while driving, change the view from birdview to plan. use the arrow button to pan around and locate the area you want to head to. hint: due to the map intentionally moving very far distances while you're in motion, zoom in and out in order to get the crosshairs right on the place you want to go to (or measure). Click Enter on the desired location. A "Set Destination" button will appear. Hit Enter again to set that as the destination. Enter one more time to agree to your usual routing preferences. Once the route has been set and activated, you can switch back to birdview and do all the regular things you do to measure the distance.

Hit the "Route" button, select "Route Info" and "Turn List" or "Complete Route" for instance. The checkered flag with distance-to-go and time-to-go will also appear while following the route. Other than that quick little hint on setting a route without stopping, I can't think of a way to to quickly measure how far away a town or place is from your current location. Note: this trick does not work in birdview.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts