Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called up Lee Parts and ordered the Murano OEM Nissan XM tuner kit. The guy I spoke to said he LOVES nissanmurano.org cause alot of sales are from word of mouth. Also he said Nissan released a new lower profile antenna for this kit. Anyone seen a picture of it? I havent. I should get the xm and the oil filter I ordered next week. I'll post pics. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was just going to post just that. I have done alot of research on this site and decided to take the OEM XM plunge for our Murano. I ordered mine from Wayzata Nissan in MN since I had done business with them before for other MO accesories, and the prices are usualy impossible to beat. I got it yesterday and installed it and it does have a different antenna. Now the OEM kit is 2 seperate part numbers, the tuner, hardware etc, and the antenna. The antenna looks like a teardrop from the top and is a bit lower profile than the older OEM one. The antenna also is only a single wire antenna and comes with a remuxer that takes the one antenna wire and converts it to 2 wires so that it can be plugged into the tuner. I also used the XM PROMO code listed on the site and it still worked. Thanks a lot to all those here who helped, expecially jaak and the Florida guys. All the work you did helped make for a smooth install. I also used the nibbler tool to make the notch as jaak did and you can indeed still buy it at Radio Shack for $14.99.

If anyone needs the new part numbers, I can go find the boxes and post them. Thanks again for a great site.

Jay

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you got the xm to. I didint know it was single plug antenna. Cool how it comes with the splitter already. That splitter is on national backorder from Terk. I wanted to upgrade the xm antenna on my passat and I got the new micro terk antenna at curcuit city (sale for 26 bucks) but my pioneer is the first generation xm receiver (had xm since the first week it went on air) but I need that splitter so I ordered on from crutchfield and won't ship till the 29th of august. Just to let you guys know in case you wanted to get new antennas that have single pink connectors.

Here are the part numbers:

Nissan Murano XM Satellite Radio 999U9-NV003

Antenna kit 999U9-VQ006

Picture of the Terk XM-SP

Micro Antenna

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YAY! Here are the pics of the Murano kit....

Sorry for the crapy pics, I took them with my sidekick II. I cant find my digital camera...

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Would love to see some pictures after the installation. Are you planning on doing the installation yourself?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im done with the insall. Took me 20 min. I did the hidden install. There is really nothing to see or take pics of.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Ah I forgot you had the 04... I hav the 03 which isn't pre-wired. Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry.. Thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
Gonzo said:
Ah I forgot you had the 04... I hav the 03 which isn't pre-wired. Congrats and enjoy!
Just a reminder for those with 2003 Muranos...here's a website with pictures of the install of the prewiring harness and the tuner and antenna:

'03 Murano Satellite Installation

Jeff

·
4,601 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts