Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrote to Nissan Japan and ask them questions regarding firmware upgrade from 2003 to 2004..
Their answer was... " We do not have information so please contact US dealer."
I wrote them back and told them that the car was entirely designed and built in Japan, so don't give me that crap. I told them the answer is not acceptable and told them to research and get back to me again. I think Japanese auto maker is not working like used to... I will post the update.. if I receive any decent answer...

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Good luck with this. However, I will draw your attention to the fact that the Murano was primarily designed for the North American market, so it is likely that writing to Nissan Jp won't get you much help.

But I'm sure many people here will be hopeful that a solution exists for 03-04 firmware upgrade. I am not sure how it will benefit 03 owners, since the only software update I am aware of are some additional minor settings you can adjust using the display screen.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will keep at it. One advantage I have is that I can write Japanese.
It may not be much for 2004 but it may be for 2005....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One more thing... They will be selling MO in Japan starting this Fall. it will be interesting to see the difference with US model...

·
4,601 Posts
And selling it in Europe....

·
4,601 Posts
There is no "problem" just desire. Desire to flash the controller to the latest revision of firmware, if possible, so that the features found on the 2004 can be put on the 2003. And the 2005 can be put on the 2004 and 2003, and so on, as long as the hardware remains the same. (So I would guess, 3 years available for Europe and Japan so 2007 will be a new Murano and it will be available late spring or early summer 2006.)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After I wrote them a second time...
They told me that they confirmed with their maintenance dept. that there was no firmware change from 2003 to 2004, and both needs Consult to change light sensitivity settings...etc...
I guess they are totaly lost...
I will wait until they start selling the model in Japan... I will be in Japan next month so I will pay a visit to Nissan...to give them a piece of my mind

·
Registered
238 Posts
yoyash said:
After I wrote them a second time...
They told me that they confirmed with their maintenance dept. that there was no firmware change from 2003 to 2004, and both needs Consult to change light sensitivity settings...etc...
I guess they are totaly lost...
I will wait until they start selling the model in Japan... I will be in Japan next month so I will pay a visit to Nissan...to give them a piece of my mind

Brush up on your Japanese meanwhile .... and watch the movies last Samurai :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for advice....
I was born and raised in Japan until 16.... After over 40 years in US... like yiu said.. I need to practice my Japanese again...

·
4,601 Posts
Boy that sure would be handy while escalating issues within Nissan!:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts