Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out on Edmunds.com. Pretty good review, but the lack of (many) photos accompanying the article makes one wonder if the vehicle was production ready

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/roadtests/firstdrive/77842/article.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
This was a "First Drive" Review?

You wonder if it was production ready, I wonder if it was really driven.
All the photos were provided by Nissan, not Edmonds. The sum total of driving input from this lady was in two sentences:

"The SL established itself as the more sensible drive, allowing for a friendly, jostle-free ride over bumps and uneven pavement."

"Although it's harsh and allows a lot of vibration into the cabin, the SE rewards drivers with more responsive handling and considerably less body roll, which makes for a much more entertaining drive on twisty roads."

Not a word about how the CVT performed, which by all reports, takes some getting used to.

There were two different Murano's pictured - a blue one (SE) with 6-spoke wheels, and a platinum one (SL) with 5-spoke wheels. A cloth interior in a ho-hum beige was also depicted.

There were at least some nuggets of new information I haven't seen anywhere else. The plan to sell 50,000 units, it has a flat floor, cell-phone holder - and at last - a description of the available interior (leather?) colors.

Which leads me to another question. What interior color is in the official Nissan Murano photo's (you know, the orange/bronze one)? Is this what Cafe Latte looks like? The report says the only other colors offered besides Cafe Latte is Cabernet and Charcoal. This must be just the leather colors, because the cloth interior was light brown.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts