Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little report about my first long trip in my new MO...

We (me and my wife) drove from Laguna Niguel, California to Lake Tahoe, California/Nevada last week for a five night stay at a new bed and breakfast near Heavenly Valley ski resort.

The drive was about 1200 miles round trip and the MO drove and handled perfect! The steep and winding mountain roads were a breeze to drive and it was much more exciting due to the MO's large windows. The MO has to be one of the best touring SUV on Earth.
Usually after a seven hour plus trip my lower back is killing me, but not this time. I was comfortable the entire trip.

The navigation system was a dream (this is my first), and if you take long trips, I highly suggest getting the navigation system. It made my drive MUCH more confident and less stressful (I never realized how much less stress it is when you always know exactly where you are going and have never been there).

After our first night (in the morning) when I took off in the MO for a day of sightseeing, my tire pressure alarm went off. I guess due to the cooler mountain temps (around 30 degrees) and 7k altitude, the tires no longer read 33 lbs of pressure and dropped to around 26 lbs. No big deal, I just added a couple extra lbs of air for my stay.

Of course now that I am back home I have to give my MO a major detail in and out. Nothing like fresh tree sap and a billion bugs on a black MO.

If anyone is going to Lake Tahoe soon and is interested in a great place to say, let me know and I will pass on the info of the bed and breakfast lodge we stayed at. Let's just put it this way, it was like staying at a close family friends ski lodge/mansion. Much different than your average hotel stay.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was driving around 80 to 85 MPH on the freeways (most of the trip) using California 91 octane gas and averaged around 21 MPG.

My MO now has around 3100 miles, so I hope it gets better after 5k or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts