Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Sat, my wife and are taking the Mo on its first road trip. The Mo has about 700 miles on her right now and we will be pretty close to 1000 by the time we leave on the trip. I have been keeping the mo under 65mph and under 3kRpms. Our round trip will be 1000 miles each way. I would love some advice as far as how I should drive her. How fast? Cruise Control? Etc. We are both so excited. This car is awesome! I drove my wife crazy doing so much research on cars and now that i finally made the decision to go with the Mo I feel great! I know We got the best car in our price range!

Mathteacher

Ps. I Wanted to thank you all for your advice on the detailing of the car. I went with the Klasse All in one and the Glaze. It was fairly easy and It came out nice. When we get back from the trip I am going to "clay Bar" the car and add some more coats of the Klasse Glaze. Maybe Santa will get me a Digital Camera so I can post some pics :)

·
Registered
719 Posts
After 1,000 miles, you should be broken in and have no restrictions.

At 700 miles, you can start taking her (I mean the Murano) up to 4000 rpms and doing some fairly agressive acceleration (less than full throttle, maybe 75% throttle) runs up to 4,000 rpm.

Feel free to start expanding your Murano's operating range as you get closer to 1000 miles. Its really the first 4-500 that are really important (IMO). Others will have other opinions as well!

I would suggest that you get your oil changed for the first time before you go on your trip however since you'll be close to 2500 miles on the original fill by the time you return from your trip.

There will no doubty be other opinions on that too...........

Have you tried out the Ds yet?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Mathteacher owns the SE model which has the "tiptronic" style of shifter instead of the DS mode. I would like to hear from someone who owns the 2004 SE model how they like the "tiptonic" 6 speed manual mode.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Guys,
To tell you the truth I haven't really used the shift mode. I have really been tring to keep the Rpm's Under 3000. However, On the way home I just put it in "M" mode and I really wasn't that impressed. Mainly because I think I am still babying the car so much I don't want to "MASH" the gas yet. In the owners manual It is pretty vauge about "M" mode. I wish it gave more detail because I sure would like to use it. Can I pop it into "M" on the highway while I am driving? If I need a some more power to pass or something do I put it in "M" and down shift to 5th? I guess I want to know how to I get that added get up and go you guys talk about with"S" on the 03's? Well I better get off to packing for out trip. So what do you guys think, can I use cruise controll on the trip? Or should I just stay away from it. I am approaching 1000 miles. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts