Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished our first road trip with our Murano bought Oct 2019. (Our road trips are usually with a pickup truck and trailer.) Went from Tucson AZ at 3000 ft elevation to Brian Head UT at 10,000 ft elevation via PHX and Flagstaff. This route has lots of significant ups and downs. 1400 miles total.

Roads were a mixture of freeways, good fast 2 lane highways, and curvy mountain highways. Drove about 50 miles on gravel roads also on the trip. The rear of the car gets really dusty and the wind at 75mph won't blow it off.

The performance of the car was fantastic. The car's computer says we got 30.3 mpg, much better than I expected. A lot better than our 2010 Murano.

·
Super Moderator
8,441 Posts
Nice trip. We once spent a week at Brian Head; we booked it on a whim and didn't know how close we were to Bryce Canyon and other parks when we booked the stay. It turned out to be a surprising trip with fantastic park photos and scenery.

Reactions: KBrian

·
Registered
124 Posts
The 2020 is in the best Murano I've ever owned, and we have had 6 of them! Mine only has about 7,500 miles on it and starting to break in with an average MPG of 28. Best in class if you ask me! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. I haven't scheduled any trip yet but will probably go at least once this latter part of the year and after I've done some parts improvement and replacements.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The difference in mileage between the 2nd and 3rd gen is significant. That being said, its most evident at highway and mixed driving with ample amounts of highway. Local mileage is improved but requires very light and balanced driving, keeping in the lower RPM ranges.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The 2020 is in the best Murano I've ever owned, and we have had 6 of them! Mine only has about 7,500 miles on it and starting to break in with an average MPG of 28. Best in class if you ask me! :)

Did you own more than one 3rd generation year? I have a 2016 SL AWD with Tech and although there has been a slight re-design and other improvements, I don't see that much difference to get me to upgrade at this point. I'm more inclined to wait and see if there is a total redesign or discontinuation before making a decision. Your thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just finished our first road trip with our Murano bought Oct 2019. (Our road trips are usually with a pickup truck and trailer.) Went from Tucson AZ at 3000 ft elevation to Brian Head UT at 10,000 ft elevation via PHX and Flagstaff. This route has lots of significant ups and downs. 1400 miles total.

Roads were a mixture of freeways, good fast 2 lane highways, and curvy mountain highways. Drove about 50 miles on gravel roads also on the trip. The rear of the car gets really dusty and the wind at 75mph won't blow it off.

The performance of the car was fantastic. The car's computer says we got 30.3 mpg, much better than I expected. A lot better than our 2010 Murano.
Congrats. Just got the wife a 2020 from a 2017.5. It had enough updates that we quite like it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Congrats. Just got the wife a 2020 from a 2017.5. It had enough updates that we quite like it.
What were the updates that helped make the decision, other than simply getting a new car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
What were the updates that helped make the decision, other than simply getting a new car?
The updated infotainment has a slighter higher res screen, is faster, and now allows over the air (wi-fi) updating. The hands free hatch opening. Better center console layout. The additional safety features: lane departure, speed limit sign recognition, high beam assistance, all around parking sensors. Also the steering wheel wrap is more comfortable.

It was not light years different but we (she) likes it. My daily is a 2020 Titan. Great deals to be had right now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The updated infotainment has a slighter higher res screen, is faster, and now allows over the air (wi-fi) updating. The hands free hatch opening. Better center console layout. The additional safety features: lane departure, speed limit sign recognition, high beam assistance, all around parking sensors. Also the steering wheel wrap is more comfortable.

It was not light years different but we (she) likes it. My daily is a 2020 Titan. Great deals to be had right now.
Also the LED headlights from halogen are nice too. Better spread, brighter...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Also the LED headlights from halogen are nice too. Better spread, brighter...
I really like my '19 LED headlights too. Much better than my '03s HIDs. Like you said, better spread, plus long reach on high beams. Plus the High Beam Assist feature makes them even more awesome!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
More information on the new style LEDs starting with model year '19. The Highway Loss Data Institute (IIHS) hasn't updated their rating for the new style Murano headlights, so I'm using the '19 Maxima as a reference. It seems Nissan has changed the design a number of times for the Maxima, so I'm using the closet manufacture date and personal observations that correlate with my experience with my '19 Murano. I think they changed the Maxima design due to them being a bit too good, to the point of causing excessive glare for oncoming drivers, so their rating was marginal as a result... I hope the update their ratings for the '19 and '20 model years at some point to see if my assumption is correct...

You can find the page I'm referencing here: 2019 Nissan Maxima 4-door sedan

Reactions: djn602
1 - 12 of 12 Posts