Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I took my MO in for the 3,750 on May, 28. I mentioned that the drivers seat shifted a little sometimes when I accelerate. When I got it back the Service Advisor told me that they were going to order a new seat adjuster assembly. I thought cool, these guys are on top on their game, I was expecting "couldn't duplicate the problem". A couple of days after he told me the part would be in I called and was told that the part had arrived, he was sorry he hadn't called me, when would I like to come in. I dropped it off this morning and took off for work in a Sentra loaner, putting me in a foul mood, I had jokingly asked for a Z.

I get a call just after 10:00 am, MO is ready, I go back to pick it up at lunch time, get in and the seat was like a rocking chair, sitting still, motor not even started, FAR, FAR worse than when I dropped it off, and on top of that the drivers door is scratched in two places as well as the bottom of the door pillar and there was a red stain on the seat. I nearly went ballistic, the service advisor was out to lunch, so the runner got me the Service Manager, he took it back to the tech who had worked on it, got the seat tightened down and removed the stain, he brought it back, was very apologetic and said that he would tell the service advisor to order a new door panel.

I called back when I returned to my office to tell the advisor to be sure to order the pillar cover too. He was not aware that any of this had occurred, he apologized.

Now my dilema is how badly will they botch replacing the door panel, I have been completely rattle free and don't want that to change. Scratches vs. Rattles and I cringe at driving another Sentra.

They seem very concerned about the survey Nissan sends out. I got one after the scheduled maintenance, haven't filled out yet. Does anyone think they reap any real positive results for the consumer? I know this is nothing compared to having an alternator go out or a bad CVT, but...

I didn't want the honeymoon to end.

I:3:

·
5,244 Posts
Removing and replacing a door panel is 20 min job........I did it mayself twice fighting rattles. So I would not be worry about it..........just make sure they do not scratch the new pannel!

I still cannot believe the "QUALITY WORK" they did for you! No wonder people are afraid of taking cars to dealers.........

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Just my experience with all Dealer survey's is that they don't care if you have a complaint. They never address an issue if reported. They just want to see a perfect score. How many of the perfect score cards appear is all that matters. I bought two new Nissans at the same dealer. One question was, "Did anyone from the dealer contact you after the sale?" Answer, Nope! Did anyone read this and call me? Nope. Bought the Mo and ditto the last stament. I did not really care that much if anyone called, it would have been nice but why do they get two surveys from me, both stating not called and still never got a call? I did however get a birthday card from the salesman!
Bob1

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Bob is correct. The dealer does not care a single bit if you have a complaint. What they care about is that customer satisfaction survey Nissan sends you, and will tell you unless you put all "excellent" it counts as a failing grade. You can use this to your advantage, and threaten to fill in all "poors" if they do not repair your vehicle to your satisfaction.

That said, you are lucky you even got a loaner car. My local Nissan dealer (the only one within 50 miles) says they do not have loaners because their customers trash the loaners. Instead, they have a fat guy driving a smelly Quest shuttle van driving you to your office after you drop off your car, but not coming back to pick you up when the car is ready!

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
Thats nothing, when I asked for a loaner, my rep told me which subway I could use!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies folks, especially Kris', I feel more at ease letting them replace the panel now.

I will hold off on completing the survey until the panel replacement is completed with the promise to them that their scores will suffer (even more) if it is not done to my complete satisfaction.

As for the loaner car, I was told that since I had purchased the extended warranty I was eligable for loaners, nothing is free. Frustration caused me to leave that part out of the first post.

Another word of caution, the loaner I drove had three Substitute Vehicle-Loaner/Rental Argeement forms which serve as a temproary registration from pervious drivers of the same car in the glove box. Each form contained the drivers name, address, phone numbers, drivers license numbers and insurance policy numbers. Talk about identity theft bait! I strongly suggested to the service manager that they advise their customers against leaving that document behind or at the least remove them when the car comes back in. You can't be careless with what you leave behind these days.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just had my first oil change last week. Noticed the other day my garage floor is wet. Looked underneath and saw oli leaking. Idiot tech did not tighten the oil drain plug. Had to fill the engine almost a quart of new oil. I'll change the oil myself next time. But other than that the Mo is just a blast to drive.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ok, folks I'm going to be brave and take my MO down to the dealer for the first maintenance.

When I call to book my appointment, they offer me two choice.
One, complete first maintenace which is about $79 dollars.
Second, just the oil change which is $25 dollars.

The only difference is the first choice fill up all fluid, grease underbody as needed, and tire rotation which you dont need it until the first 6000mile.

Anyway wish me luck and I will post it later the result of my experience with the dealer. BTW I do have two things to repair.
One is seatbelt sensor chime is not working on my MO from day one. (didnt notice until I read the manual), Second is my paint on the back MO near the nissan logo is peel off little bit, dont know how it happen, but I will address it to Nissan.

Nizmo

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I hope you pay only for the oil change - everything else is completely unnecessary at only 3500 miles.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
onie said:
Just had my first oil change last week. Noticed the other day my garage floor is wet. Looked underneath and saw oli leaking. Idiot tech did not tighten the oil drain plug. Had to fill the engine almost a quart of new oil. I'll change the oil myself next time. But other than that the Mo is just a blast to drive.
If you do it yourself (I do) I find it very very easy to get to the filter... only takes me 20 minutes for an entire oil and filter change. I fill it with 4qts (including filter) The level rides just slightly below the full line.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Having done several oil changes on the Murano already, I have found that there is no "set" amount of oil to add in. The owners manual says 4.25 quarts including filter. However, I'll filled as little as 4 quarts and as much as 4.75 quarts to get the dipstick to the top of the hashed range.

It is interesting to note that the FSM says 4 qts for oil change without filter, 4.25 with filter, and 5 for an "engine overhaul."

I suppose that it is possible to drain more than 4.25 quarts out if you really let is drain for a long time. Oh, I also jack the car up on the front a bit since the drain plug is facing rearward, to get the very last bit of oil out.

I agree that changing the oil yourself is the best solution if you want the best care for your Murano, since you can use Mobil One at little additional cost. The Murano makes it easy. Just turn the wheel to the right and remove the inner fender liner. Filter and drain plug are right there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
For those do-it-yourself oil changers out there, do you worry about documenting the oil change in case of warranty issues? I read a post recently about someone who purchased a used MO, only to find out the engine is burning oil. He tried to get a new engine but Nissan denied his warranty on the basis of lack of maintenance records.

I prefer to do my own oil changes, but don't want to run into any warranty issued down the road.

Comments??

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
bfdugger said:
For those do-it-yourself oil changers out there, do you worry about documenting the oil change in case of warranty issues? I read a post recently about someone who purchased a used MO, only to find out the engine is burning oil. He tried to get a new engine but Nissan denied his warranty on the basis of lack of maintenance records.

I prefer to do my own oil changes, but don't want to run into any warranty issued down the road.

Comments??
Personally I do not keep any records other than a maintenance log that I also keep track of my gas mileage with - a little notebook in the glove compartment. If you wanted to be 100% sure, then keep the receipts of your oil and filter purchases. That should be proof enough.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks much for your tips. :12:

Yes, I have called for a oil change only next week, since my MO 2003 SL Super BK with options has less than 3500 miles on it.

There are few other possible problems I asked them to take a look at it, they are as followings;

1. Seat belt chime is not working.

2. Sudden burse of power during cornering. (Power-steering/CVT)

3. Paint chipped off on the rear tail hatch by the logo (size of half dime).

4. Battery inspection, white powdering stuff is forming around the battery contact.

Taking my car down to New City Nissan on Honolulu, Hawaii.
Will post the results.

Nizmo

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I keep a accurate maintenace log.... receipts for the oil filter and have started keeping the receipts for the oil too. Not sure what else I could/should be doing incase I have to prove it.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Gonzo...another thing you can do is

take pictures while you are changing the oil. Have a friend (or even your son) to help you with that. remeber, when you take the pictures, make sure they have the date feature ON. ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I talked with my dealer's service manager today, he said to keep receipts of the oil and filter purchases and keep a log of all maintenance, that would be sufficient documentation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts