Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I tracked my MO!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First SES light for my MO! @ 15,000 KMs (UPDATE)

Hey Guys,

This really sucks ... I had my first (hopefully last) SES light go off on my MO. The worse part is she's only a little over 6 months old, and only got 15,000 KMs on her (Yes Kilometers, not Miles) Its been on for 4 days now ... first thing I checked was the fuel cap, no go.

I've tried the Diagnostic Mode II trick (over 5X) with the instructions found on this forum ... but I can't get it to work, either my timing is really bad, or its a throttle problem. I just wanna know what's wrong with my MO. :( I'll reset the light once I find out what's bothering her.

Gonna take her into the shop hopefully by tonight.

Besides the Alternator, what else is a common thing that trips the SES light?

-E

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
The gas cap problem is the only "common" cause that isn't a failure, and there are thousands of possible codes, so it's best just to read the code. Note that the light won't just go off just because you tightened the cap. It will take a number of driving cycles, where you meet certain criteria (engine reaches normal operating temp, etc.).

As far as reading the codes yourself, yes, the computer is really picky about timing. The manual states (and I agree) that it's best done with a watch that displays seconds.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
A bad alternator will not trip the SES light.

·
I tracked my MO!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*sigh* Throttle position sensor is the cause of all this ... thing is, the service consultant said two things tripped the light. The 'TPS' and the electronic "something" sensor, lol I don't quite remember what he said it was, but its related to the TPS. They it is what's causing the malfunction!?!

Strangely enough they are only going to replace the Electronic thing ... not the TPS itself!?!?!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Re: First SES light for my MO! @ 15,000 KMs (UPDATE)

Empz said:
Hey Guys,

This really sucks ... I had my first (hopefully last) SES light go off on my MO. The worse part is she's only a little over 6 months old, and only got 15,000 KMs on her (Yes Kilometers, not Miles) Its been on for 4 days now ... first thing I checked was the fuel cap, no go.

I've tried the Diagnostic Mode II trick (over 5X) with the instructions found on this forum ... but I can't get it to work, either my timing is really bad, or its a throttle problem. I just wanna know what's wrong with my MO. :( I'll reset the light once I find out what's bothering her.

Gonna take her into the shop hopefully by tonight.

Besides the Alternator, what else is a common thing that trips the SES light?

-E

A bad alternator will not trip the SES light. If we are going with common problems, I would guess the throttle position sensor or the electronic throttle control, which appears problematic on Muranos.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I had the light go on ses

I read the code with my friends unit The code was 11661 fuel metering ??What does that mean??We reset the code and I have went 75 miles and no codes I have 11700 miles on the MO.Not a good sign.I also heard this turbo type of noise under acceleration.I think I am under the recall 05 mo build date 9-05

Thank You

·
Registered
357 Posts
larry1960:

Doubt that you have a build date of 9-05 'cos that's still in the future:22: :22:

However if yours is an '05 AWD with the last 6 digits of the VIN # greater than ....404496 (or a 2WD with the last 6 digits greater than 302827) then you have escaped the recall.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I mean 9-05

rjardine said:
larry1960:

Doubt that you have a build date of 9-05 'cos that's still in the future:22: :22:

However if yours is an '05 AWD with the last 6 digits of the VIN # greater than ....404496 (or a 2WD with the last 6 digits greater than 302827) then you have escaped the recall.
yes 9-04 sorry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts